Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Search plugin (I18N)
(2014-09-19, 05:26:10)bensayers Wrote: I'm curious how I can create a pretty URL from the rather ugly one I see when I use "showPaging" to look through customer reviews - for instance:

Current URL: www.mydomain.com/reviews/?tags=&words=&search=&page=5
Desired URL: www.mydomain.com/reviews/page-5/

You can slightly modify the URL by installing the Pagify plugin and specifying the following in gsconfig.php (seel here):
Code:
define('PAGIFY_SEPARATOR',';');

However, the other parameters will still be as before:
Code:
www.mydomain.com/reviews;5?tags=&words=&search=
(I suppose, in reality either tags or words has a value)
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
(2014-09-20, 00:19:15)mvlcek Wrote: However, the other parameters will still be as before:
Code:
www.mydomain.com/reviews;5?tags=&words=&search=
(I suppose, in reality either tags or words has a value)

So there's no workaround to hide/disable the "?tags=&words=&search" part of the URL? OK, thanks for the reply though. I can live with it =)
Thanks developer for the plugin.
I think that the custom sort order (ascending/descending, any field) is a great feature, it's a pity it's not in the documentation
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...6#pid36386
Hello,

I have a problem with the Search results page. With showPaging switched on, I cannot get page 2 of the results. When I click on '2' (or '>' or '>>') I only see the first page again.

Versions/active plugins as follows:
GS: 3.3.4
I18N Search: 2.11.1
DynPages: 0.7.2
I18N: 3.2.8
I18N Special Pages: 1.3.2

I have tried:
- reset the Search parameters to default
- default .htaccess
- Custom Permalink Structure and Fancy URLs all off (Custom Permalink Structure was %slug%)
- disabled all other plugins
- search call reduced to minimum: (% searchresults tags=_catentry %)
- I18N Special Pages custom search rendering to default (empty)

The page navigation at the bottom of the search results appears to be correct:
Code:
/webroot/index.php?id=catalogue&tags=&words=&search=&page=2

This feature used to work correctly. I have made no changes to the site code, except for updates to GS and the plugins. I'm afraid I don't know exactly when it broke.

Any other suggestions, please?
--
Nick.
GSCANONICAL in gsconfig?
(2014-12-18, 01:39:32)Carlos Wrote: GSCANONICAL in gsconfig?

Yes.

I don't know what I was thinking! Thanks, Carlos.
--
Nick.
For some reason my news additionally appear right below the Search form.
I call the search form via component like this:
Code:
<?php get_i18n_search_form (array('slug'=>'search', 'numWords'=>'0', 'showTags'=>0, 'GO'=>'OK', 'PLACEHOLDER'=>'Search')); ?>
and I want to call news created with special pages in another component below, like this:
Code:
<?php get_i18n_search_results(array('tags'=>'news', 'DATE_FORMAT'=>'%d %B, %Y', 'max'=>4, 'i18n'=>0, 'lang'=>'ru', 'numWords'=>'1p', 'order'=>'created', 'showPaging'=>0, 'HEADER'=>'')); ?>
the settings in the Special Pages plugin for search results are as follows:
Code:
<h3><a href="<?php get_special_field('link','',false); ?>"><?php get_special_field('title','',false); ?></a></h3>
<p class="small"><?php return_custom_field('data') ?></p>
<?php get_special_field_excerpt('content', $numWords); ?>

what am i doing wrong? Thank you!
do you have these components loading via shortcodes in content ?
if you have something outputting twice its usually a content filter running twice
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
The components are loaded one by one in the template like this:
Code:
<?php get_i18n_component('component_name'); ?>
I use components because i have two different languages..

p.s.
I've just found my mistake.. It was very stupid. I don't even want to tell you - such a shame (( Confused
Hi there.

How can I find special characters i.e. the minus ("Java-based")?
Did I miss a parameter/hint in mvlcek's docs or forum ? Sorry in that case !

Example in mvlcek's demo:
Searching:
OSS -> finds "en Open Source Software (OSS) ..."
(OSS) -> nothing found :-(
Java-based -> nothing found.
Java based -> finds "... Java-based ...".

TIA
jo

P.S.: mvlcek, thanks for your plugins. :-)
Hello,

I will made a site in GS with 500+ items, but is it possible search only this items that I add with the ItemManager plugin?

And also possible search the items by category?

Regards,
Christophe
(2015-01-08, 23:59:21)jofer Wrote: How can I find special characters i.e. the minus ("Java-based")?
Did I miss a parameter/hint in mvlcek's docs or forum ? Sorry in that case !

I18N Search indexes words, and I think that minus is not a word character, but a rather a separator between words. So you can't search for minus.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
(2015-01-10, 10:11:14)tuxy Wrote: I will made a site in GS with 500+ items, but is it possible search only this items that I add with the ItemManager plugin?

I don't know how ItemManager indexes the items, you should ask in the ItemManager thread.
It might be that ItemManager adds categories as tags, then you can search for a category by setting the tags or addtags parameter.
If ItemManager adds an additional tag like "_item" for all items, you might even search for all items by using this tag.
(2015-01-15, 06:09:47)mvlcek Wrote:
(2015-01-10, 10:11:14)tuxy Wrote: I will made a site in GS with 500+ items, but is it possible search only this items that I add with the ItemManager plugin?

I don't know how ItemManager indexes the items, you should ask in the ItemManager thread.
It might be that ItemManager adds categories as tags, then you can search for a category by setting the tags or addtags parameter.
If ItemManager adds an additional tag like "_item" for all items, you might even search for all items by using this tag.

Hi mvlcek,
Thanks for your clear answer. I asked in the IM thread:
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...8#pid49258

Regards,
Christophe
Hello,
i just started my journey with GS and i like it very much, i wanna transfer my wordpress website to this great cms but as im beginner in this i got hard start and some problems :-)
this is the page http://truewarriors.eu/getsimple/ on GS that im trying to make work like http://truewarriors.eu
Now im stuck at tag cloud, is there anyone that can help me with this ?
i finally manage to get tags from news but they are not active links that user can click and see content with that tag so if someone can guide me a little how to solve this it would be great probably im doing something stupid as im GS newbe

PS. sorry for my english and i hope you understand me
I would like to remove language from the links in results within a component

I am using the following code in my component to call search results
[php]<?php get_i18n_search_results(array('tags'=>'_special-grocery','HEADER'=>null)); ?>]/php]

I don't know the syntax to add the code to remove the language designation for my results display.
http://medbake.com/groceries/

I have it working here :
http://medbake.com/search/?tags=&words=o...rch=Search

using
(% searchform %)
(% searchresults i18n=0 %)

Sorry to have to ask. I have searched the forums but it's very difficult to find an answer. I promise I spend time searching and testing before I ask all these questions! Undecided

Thanks for any help!

Sherri
Hello,

Is it possible make category-links with the search plugin?

Example:

category1 (45)
category2 (67)
category3 (18)

The categories are links to Special Pages: _special_category-name and the 'number' is the result count. Can this made with Search-plugin?

I try make a portal site, but is important i can make category-links with the number of results, and when click on the link, the result-page displayed.

I hope you understand what I mean Undecided

Christophe
(2015-01-25, 16:05:24)sarnaiz Wrote: I don't know the syntax to add the code to remove the language designation for my results display.
Is this what you mean?

http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/get-simple/i18nsearch
Quote:If you use the I18N plugin, but only have one language, you can add the parameter i18n=0 to remove the language from the links:
Code:
(2015-01-27, 07:30:49)datiswous Wrote:
(2015-01-25, 16:05:24)sarnaiz Wrote: I don't know the syntax to add the code to remove the language designation for my results display.
Is this what you mean?

http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/get-simple/i18nsearch
Quote:If you use the I18N plugin, but only have one language, you can add the parameter i18n=0 to remove the language from the links:
Code:

Hi datiswous,

I figured it out! I was using the default code and by putting in the default and editing it, I have the proper display.

Thank you for taking a look and replying.
(2015-01-23, 22:25:45)TrueWarrior Wrote: i finally manage to get tags from news but they are not active links that user can click and see content with that tag so if someone can guide me a little how to solve this

I think the tags work, but you don't see that since they aren't styled. You can add for example this to your theme css file:
Code:
.tags .tag {
cursor: pointer;
}
.tags .tag.selected, .tags .tag.selected.unavailable {
color: #719471;
}
.tags .tag.unavailable {
color: #D3D3D3;    
}
Correct me if there's a better way for this.
(2015-01-27, 08:18:56)sarnaiz Wrote: Hi datiswous,

I figured it out! I was using the default code and by putting in the default and editing it, I have the proper display.

Can you give the final edited code, so I can see what it looks like?
you can simply include the following code in gsconfig.php
Code:
define('I18N_SINGLE_LANGUAGE', true);
the complete code for the template
Code:
<?php get_i18n_search_results(array('tags'=>'_you_tag', 'DATE_FORMAT'=>'%d.%m.%Y', 'max'=>4, 'i18n'=>0, 'lang'=>'en', 'numWords'=>'1p', 'order'=>'created','showPaging'=>1,'HEADER'=>'')); ?>
the complete code for the pages
Code:
(% searchresults tags:_you_tag max:5 i18n:0 lang:ru DATE_FORMAT:"%d.%m.%Y - %H:%M" order:created showPaging:1 numWords:1p HEADER="" %)
You can also use the renderingand replace the link to simplelink
http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/get-simple/i18...-rendering
(2015-01-27, 08:41:09)datiswous Wrote:
(2015-01-27, 08:18:56)sarnaiz Wrote: Hi datiswous,

Can you give the final edited code, so I can see what it looks like?

Here it is:
PHP Code:
<h3 class="search-entry-title">
  <
a href="<?php get_special_field('link','',false); ?>">
    <?
php get_special_field('title','',false); ?>
  </a>
</h3>

<div class="search-entry-summary"><?php get_special_field('summary','',false); ?></div> 

Now I need to add in the call for my thumbnail image and do the CSS for the way I want the display to look.
(2015-01-27, 08:32:31)datiswous Wrote:
(2015-01-23, 22:25:45)TrueWarrior Wrote: i finally manage to get tags from news but they are not active links that user can click and see content with that tag so if someone can guide me a little how to solve this

I think the tags work, but you don't see that since they aren't styled. You can add for example this to your theme css file:
Code:
.tags .tag {
cursor: pointer;
}
.tags .tag.selected, .tags .tag.selected.unavailable {
color: #719471;
}
.tags .tag.unavailable {
color: #D3D3D3;    
}
Correct me if there's a better way for this.

Well it is not problem of styling, even after adding this css after click on tag nothing happen.