Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GetSimple 3.0Beta in need of Testers #2
Everyone, I updated the beta cut to the latest version on the SVN. Most bugs reported have been fixed and it now has the new file browser, new CKEditor and the new multi-folder uploads that have been promised via the roadmap.

Much help came from Joshas and Mike (n00dles101) to makes these changes come to life.

Let us know what you think and if you run into any problems. Thanks!

http://get-simple.info/download
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Great, looks like final 3.0 is just around the corner. We should do a good amount of testing now and maybe even have a "language string freeze" a week or so before actual release, so that translators could get new translations ready.
I especially like how the latest beta release is almost a half smaller than v2.03.1.
I installed and tested CKEditor "Browse Server Function":

it lists only one image even that there are 33 JPGs in that directory /data/uploads, all chmodded to "644"
and only one is listed in the pick-list

don't see any reason for that
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
There is a very bad "feature" in 3.0b: The slug name is filtered and "_" are removed. This breaks the whole I18N functionality (I18N plugin) as it relies on the slug name to be ending in "_" and the language code!
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
hmmm... im not sure how that happened mvlcek. Let me look into this...

[edit]
I looked at the code, and i'm not seeing any changes in terms of how slugs are created. Can you elaborate more so I can try and pinpoint this issue?

I see in basic.php there is the clean_url() function - but it hasnt been changed in quite a while. I see where it filters _ out, but im curious to see how long it's been like this...

[edit #2]
I think this is the change that did it: http://code.google.com/p/get-simple-cms/...side&r=275

but the thing is, slugs were always cleaned right off the creation of the page, but it was the ability to edit a slug that needed cleaned as well. Can you remove the '_' from the array within basic.php's clean_url() function and see if it fixes your plugin? (not sure why we are getting rid of '_' there anyway)
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
@connie - can you see anything different about the images that are shown and not shown? This is definitely a bug...
- Chris

Joshas Wrote:We should do a good amount of testing now and maybe even have a "language string freeze" a week or so before actual release, so that translators could get new translations ready..
Agreed - I think this could be it too as I don't see any more functionality being added - just bugs being squashed.
- Chris

well, the files were not uploaded by the filemanager but by FTP

see here:

[Image: fm_2.jpg]

and

[Image: fm_22.jpg]
they are just plain jpgs, which I use in the "traditional" way at

http://www.urbanistan.de/getsimple373/ (all those images are from that same directory)
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
ccagle8 Wrote:hmmm... im not sure how that happened mvlcek. Let me look into this...
I see in basic.php there is the clean_url() function - but it hasnt been changed in quite a while. I see where it filters _ out, but im curious to see how long it's been like this...
Can you remove the '_' from the array within basic.php's clean_url() function and see if it fixes your plugin? (not sure why we are getting rid of '_' there anyway)

In 2.03 clean_url was only used to get an url from the title, if no url was entered. That's fine, as for these users we have to make sure that they can call the page - and fancy urls do not allow underscore.

In 3.0b clean_url also cleans the url itself and this is the problem. I suppose cleaning itself is ok, but it should not remove the underscore (as long as you do not use fancy urls, it's perfectly valid in any case) otherwise the I18N plugin will not work any more.

An alternative might be to add a hook changedata-cleanslug after the clean_url calls so that a plugin can reset the global $url to a differently cleaned url (e.g. with underscores) based on $_POST['post-id'] or $_POST['post-title'].
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
i wonder why .htaccess doesn't allow _? Maybe that's the real question we should be having here. Any .htaccess gurus out there?
- Chris

mvlcek Wrote:An alternative might be to add a hook changedata-cleanslug after the clean_url calls so that a plugin can reset the global $url to a differently cleaned url (e.g. with underscores) based on $_POST['post-id'] or $_POST['post-title'].

Better yet:
Before if ( $url == '' ) add a hook changedata-createslug that can be used to set the global $url in any way by a plugin. This way I could also have a language drop down box and automatically append the language to the url instead of the user manually doing this.

BTW: What about the feature request to set the automatically pre-fill fields like title or slug from request parameters?
ccagle8 Wrote:i wonder why .htaccess doesn't allow _? Maybe that's the real question we should be having here. Any .htaccess gurus out there?

Just add _ to the RewriteRule and it works with _:
Code:
RewriteRule /?([A-Za-z0-9_-]+)/?$ index.php?id=$1 [QSA,L]
@Connie,
could you check permissions of one image that works and one of those that doesn't show with FTP client, maybe you'll see some differences between them? Maybe file owners are different?

EDIT: also, could you check in files tab with "Images" filter turned on, if those images are displayed?

EDIT2: Another thing to check is if those image files appear in file browser accessed through "Link" button. Inside "Link properties" select "Link type" "URL" and "Browse server".
- Ck editor file browser
. Browsing the files inside folders we don't see thumbs, you only can see them in first level
Joshas Wrote:@Connie,
could you check permissions of one image that works and one of those that doesn't show with FTP client, maybe you'll see some differences between them? Maybe file owners are different?

EDIT: also, could you check in files tab with "Images" filter turned on, if those images are displayed?

EDIT2: Another thing to check is if those image files appear in file browser accessed through "Link" button. Inside "Link properties" select "Link type" "URL" and "Browse server".

1) all images are set to 644, no difference
2) yes, they are visible:

[Image: filetabfilterimages.jpg]

3) no, only the first one is shown here by CKEditor

[Image: linkbrowseserver.jpg]
|--

new case:

I have created the folder "mp3" in data/uploads

filemanager shows that folder when the filter is not active

when I set the filter active, either "Audio" or "Images", the subdirectory "mp3" is not listed

show all:
[Image: showall.jpg]

audio:
[Image: audio.jpg]

[Image: images.jpg]
|--

@connie, any errors showing up if you view the source of the filebrowser window ?

Looks like the total is correct for all the files 2.3MB. so it has read the files an gotten information from them, just not displaying them.
My Github Repos: Github
n00dles101 Wrote:@connie, any errors showing up if you view the source of the filebrowser window ?

Looks like the total is correct for all the files 2.3MB. so it has read the files an gotten information from them, just not displaying them.

if you mean this, I see no errors in the FileManager:

http://www.urbanistan.de/getsimpledoku/s...rowser.txt

this is the source of the CKEditor-Filebrowser:

http://www.urbanistan.de/getsimpledoku/s...rowser.txt

UPDATE:

I got it!

Files, that I upload with the Filemanager have another owner than files which I uploades via FTP

At least it seems to me like that, as I just uploaded a new file using the filemanager and now I see 2 images in the folder

I uploaded another file via FTP and that is not shown

so now we know where to look ;=)
|--

It's weird, because files page and CKEditor filebrowser uses almost the same functions to list files, we'll need to find what is different.

@Connie - why are you uploading through FTP? You can upload multiple files using GetSimple file uploader.
I have been experimenting with the v3.0B for quite some time now, and I am happy to report I have not run into any errors or bugs yet.

The only issue I have found, is in firefox, the admin screen's layout is off for about half a second before the page loads.
mikeh Wrote:The only issue I have found, is in firefox, the admin screen's layout is off for about half a second before the page loads.

Crap - i saw that too on my wifes computer... ok, i will try and see what is causing it... Thanks MikeH
- Chris

Joshas Wrote:It's weird, because files page and CKEditor filebrowser uses almost the same functions to list files, we'll need to find what is different.

@Connie - why are you uploading through FTP? You can upload multiple files using GetSimple file uploader.

Because I did it!

I installed the new version, as a copy of the old beta test version I uploaded all images and themes to the new directory

I sure know that it is possible to upload from the panel, but imho FTP and FileUpload from Panel must work identically (and not with different owners)
|--

there is a function for "chown" in imagemanager of FCKEDITOR

it was in plugins\imagemanager\ajaxfilemanager\inc\class.file.php

maybe these functionality is in CKEDitor as well

have a look, please
|--

Connie Wrote:I sure know that it is possible to upload from the panel, but imho FTP and FileUpload from Panel must work identically (and not with different owners)
agreed - and I've done it as well. If im already connected to FTP (which a dev almost always is) then it's just easier to drag the files into the uploads folder and be done with it.
- Chris

@Connie, please test out the latest GetSimple revision (r397), if you can, issue with images was solved, but we need confirmation. Maybe Chris could make yet another zip with latest release?