Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this the right CMS for me?
I am venturing into eCommerce and am confused about which of the numerous CMS's I should use to build my site. It is going to be a traditional ecommerce site and will need a shopping cart and such. A friend suggested Get Simple but his site is not what I would refer to as a full blown eCommerce site. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Neal
GetSimple is by far not focused towards eCommerce.

Although it has been done in the past, I have not tested this, but I have seen it in the past being used.

This is a plugin by one of our forum members: http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/dominion-jcart/46/
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
I'm not necessarily interested in e-commerce but simple is good. I'm not exactly techno savvy but my partners are less so. Is Get Simple easier than Wordpress as a CMS? Pros/Cons?
Yes
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
I'll be downloading the demo and seeing how it goes with the luddites, I mean partners Smile
Can anybody point me to explanation of GetSimple avoiding WP coding problems from two weeks ago? (3.1)
That would be such a huge testament over WP!

It wasn't just me. The forums were full of comments
I am not sure if you are aware that this Forum is not planned to compare the miseries of one system with the miseries of another one ;=)

And I do not think that GetSimple must compete with WP, so all this "forced comparisons" are not really helpful and by that not necessary

why compare apples with raspberries?
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
I think that comparing apples to raspberries is entirely reasonable if they are both CMS.

I don't think that killing conversations is entirely reasonable when people are trying to help each other.

I read the terms of use when i signed up for this forum and it didn't indicate that the forum is "planned" for anything in particular.

Is sucking lemons allowed on this forum?
GS status is described on its website, it has its goals and market.
You can't compare a tool dedicated for doing 1 thing, with a multitools being able to do everything but not in such simple way.

Of course there is tons of MacGyvers over the interwebz ....
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
Wow, I'm not attacking here, just looking for feedback. Simple is good. Simple is brilliant. I get that this is for small sites but WP can also serve that market yet is expandable. Asking for pros/cons from experienced users seems like a good use of this forum to me and the WP angle is a natural extension of the question.

Here's my experience so far - input on the forum is defensive and unhelpful.

I'm liking the demo and think we will go ahead with GetSimple, but honestly folks, get a perspective...
Bear88881 Wrote:Here's my experience so far - input on the forum is defensive and unhelpful.
Perhaps both sides have been a little hasty in forming opinions ...

Not an excuse, but an explanation: you have to see this in the context of a storm of forum spam and a sizeable number of similar recent enquiries from first-time posters asking if GetSimple is better than some other CMS.

You liked the demo? Good. Now try it on a test installation – GS will run fine on plenty of free hosting services if you don't have local resources to spare and you can try stuff out that isn't possible on the demo. If you run into difficulties, there's a wealth of (friendly) support available here. The most you have to lose is a few hours of your time.

Use Google to search ('site:get-simple.info') and limit returns to the last four or five months for information specific to the current version of GetSimple. If you can't resolve your problem, ask a question specifically about your problem.

'Better than' is too subjective! ;-) With very little investment, GetSimple will provide excellent results for your users.
--
Nick.
Bear88881 Wrote:Here's my experience so far - input on the forum is defensive and unhelpful.
If you look around the forum you'll find lots and lots of informative and helpful posts. There's bound to be some bad form of the day sometimes or misunderstandings, we're all humans after all.

As hameau suggested, feel free to give GS a spin, use the search if possible and pose your specific questions. We'll be glad to help if we can.

Sorry this has been your experience so far. If you have any questions/concerns, please feel free to email/PM me directly. This is not the first impressions i want on my forum. We/I have always strived to be helpful to everyone who needs it with GS.

Thanks for sticking with us so far...
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I don't mean to make a big deal about it. I've been going through other posts and have plenty of info to work with and see a lot of helpful and positive comments. I'll be going ahead with a GetSimple installation next week. Thanks for the follow up.
I have got to say; I have enjoyed reading this discussion very much. As a long time devoted fan of WP, you have alerted me to the fact that there are other, equally easy to use, options. I'm curious enough to want to go and check out GetSimple. I must confess, I have never heard of it before and it sounds like that has been a major oversight on my part.

So thanks again for an enjoyable debate and some useful information

Kirsten Plotkin
I have just started a new online business and am looking to expanding so I am hunting for a simple setup. Someone mentioned Get Simple so here I am. I have looked around the site trying to get info and samples but not succeeding very well. Just wondering if there is a quicker way to find out what Get Simple can do for me. Like a hidden page somewhere I have missed? Been through Home, About, Blog etc. I am looking for something really simple to set up as I am not very technical. Can't do HTML etc.
Everything what you ask can be answered by installing GS (takes 5 minutes) and check out

You do not need to know HTML, but my friend, if you tell us you started an online business and your level of knowledge is so low, what kind of business can that be?

Clients demand quality, so I think you must learn a little and GS is really simple

read the wiki, do an installation and find out

we are here for answers to your questions, but it's your turn to learn (if you want to survive in that business)

Cheers, Connie
|--

I suggest you get someone 'more technical' to install and setup GetSimple for you. Or else use something like Google Sites.
Dont want to create new topic, ask here: how many pages GS can support without any problems? 100, 200 ?
or just <50

ps. sorry for my english, its not my native Smile
my creative
ps. sorry for mistakes =)
It has already been asked couple times: http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/1914/...ger-sites/
I'm kinda new for CMS, currently using Wordpress. Any specific difference between these 2?
option24 Wrote:I'm kinda new for CMS, currently using Wordpress. Any specific difference between these 2?

these are 2 totally different systems which have in common that they publish content.

you cannot compare them, you must find out what are you needs and then read the feature list

maybe you need a blog, maybe you need a CMS
|--

option24 Wrote:I'm kinda new for CMS, currently using Wordpress. Any specific difference between these 2?
Just read what has been written before you asked your question.
There's nothing else to add.
I also have been using WP for several sites and I've been looking for something else that might allow me to develop sites faster. GS seems like it may be a fit. I've not heard of it before, probably because I wasn't looking until now. Looking for to trying the demo. I'll let you know what I think.
Hi, i have a question. Which script is faster an which is more efficient? Wordpress or Simple?