Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PROBLEM Access problems
Hello all, I just recently discovered GS and I absolutely love it. I installed it locally with MAMP and it works perfectly. But when I try to get it on a webserver it simply doesn't work. I tried bot the normal and the Community edition.

WebServer on Raspberry (Ubuntu)
Installation works. I can start the first installation screen and don't get any errors. I have Apache2 (2.4.55) and php 8.1.12 running. I checked the required modules and they are all running. When I click "Continue with setup" I get the screen to enter the title, user and email. When I click "Install now", I immediately get a 500 error.

The errorlog gives me multiple errors in regards to access issues:
"[13-Sep-2023 11:51:12 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  chmod(): Operation not permitted in /var/www/html/admin/install.php on line 44" (x 14)
As these are warning, I ignore them for the moment. They also come when I set all files an directories to 777, by the way.
The more significant part is this:
---

[13-Sep-2023 12:10:08 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  fopen(/var/www/html/.htaccess): Failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/admin/setup.php on line 125
[13-Sep-2023 12:10:08 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught TypeError: fwrite(): Argument #1 ($stream) must be of type resource, bool given in /var/www/html/admin/s>
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/admin/setup.php(126): fwrite()
#1 {main}
  thrown in /var/www/html/admin/setup.php on line 126
---
I have no idea what to make from this.
I copied the temp.htaccess to .htaccess which disabled the site. Then I followed the advise to comment out pieces bit by bit. When I commented out the "rewrite" section I was back in the install dialog, but still couldn't proceed any further with the installation, running in exactly the same issues as above.

Please help me out here. I googled a lot but didn't get something which helped me.
What information else do you need. Please let me know.

Thanks for your help.
Reiner
Hello Reiner,
sorry  you are running into problems.

With php8.x you will positively need to use the CE version.
v3.3.16 will not work on anything newer than 7.2 I believe.

Most of what is in .htaccess is fairly basic, so shouldnt cause too many problems.

I personally have never messed with Raspberry, so I dont know if Ubuntu has problems with this.

A 500 error usually an apache config issue. Maybe someone else here has better answers regarding this?

GS Community Edition with php8.x compatibility, new features and much more!  Support Me

I'm attempting to use my Mac to examine PHP files locally.

I've got Yosemite running.

On my machine, MAMP is installed. Apache doesn't launch when I hit the start button, yet the MySQL server does. A notice stating "Error" displays. It failed to start Apache. Please verify the installation of MAMP.

Nothing seems to work despite my attempts to change 'envvars' to '_envvars' and type things into the terminal after searching the internet.

I fixed the issue by reinstalling OSX, however it keeps happening when I turn off the computer.

Anyone able to assist?
(2023-12-18, 20:11:32)hitterflatbread Wrote: I'm attempting to use my Mac to examine PHP files locally.

I've got Yosemite running.

On my machine, MAMP is installed. Apache doesn't launch when I hit the start button, yet the MySQL server does. A notice stating "Error" displays. It failed to start Apache. Please verify the installation of MAMP.

Nothing seems to work despite my attempts to change 'envvars' to '_envvars' and type things into the terminal after searching the internet.

I fixed the issue by reinstalling OSX, however it keeps happening when I turn off the computer.

Anyone able to assist?

Try use this version on php 8.2
https://getsimplecms-ce.github.io/

I copied the tem