Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extend the available tasks for pages in the pages list
polyfragmented Wrote:Core GS might be designed with small sites in mind, but its abilities by way of plugins make it suitable for much bigger and more complex stuff. The core GS already serves the envisioned target audience pretty well I'd say. But adding in all those extensions like multi-user, internationalisation, page caching, etc. kinda change the game a little for me. Maybe it took me a while to realise that, in order not to violate GS' vision, relying on plugins is sometimes the only way to go here.

Yes, core GS is designed for small sites in mind, and thus I think core GS should be as simple as possible.

But I agree with you that with some of the plugins, you can also manage much larger sites, and when it comes to "power" users managing these sites, such shortcuts would be nice. That is the reason that I suggest that GS allows plugins to replace this page with more powerful versions.

BTW, I have added toggles for private and menu status to the I18N navigation structure view - but no icons ;-)
See here.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.

Messages In This Thread
Extend the available tasks for pages in the pages list - by mvlcek - 2011-06-04, 07:21:19