Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sitemap for 10......000 pages
Hi,
First of all, I love the simplicity of this CMS....hey guess what, it's its name, first time I get what has been announced, yeah !!!
I'm working on a project which requires me to stuff 1.300.000 pages, whoopsy !!! Works great for the keyword indexing until 1.000 but when I try 10.000 it's stuck, but the major problem is the sitemap it starts indexing until it reaches 1.8mo then empty itself and restart, again and again.
Would it be possible to have a sitemap.html >> sitemap/sitemapX.xml so all the links could be indexed ??? I don't know if it's a bug/problem or a feature request...

I'm using GetSimple 3.0, I18n pack, External Comment, I also have Jquery (from CDN) and fancybox.

(and if anyone have a little something to help me indexing this keywords for the I18n search thing Wink )

Thanks a lot guys for this great CMS
wow, thats alot of pages.... i cant imagine GetSimple being able to hold up to that amount of pages though... it definitely was never meant for that type of load...
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ooxoweb Wrote:I'm working on a project which requires me to stuff 1.300.000 pages, whoopsy !!! Works great for the keyword indexing until 1.000 but when I try 10.000 it's stuck, but the major problem is the sitemap it starts indexing until it reaches 1.8mo then empty itself and restart, again and again.
Would it be possible to have a sitemap.html >> sitemap/sitemapX.xml so all the links could be indexed ??? I don't know if it's a bug/problem or a feature request...

I'm using GetSimple 3.0, I18n pack, External Comment, I also have Jquery (from CDN) and fancybox.

(and if anyone have a little something to help me indexing this keywords for the I18n search thing Wink )

Regarding I18N Search: Limiting factors are memory and execution time (e.g. my hoster limits memory to 64 MB and execution time to about 30s).

Basically all unique words and for each word all page slugs including this word are stored in memory before saving everything, e.g.
5000 unique words * 10 characters per word + 1300000 pages * 100 unique words per page * 20 characters length per slug = 2.6 GB
And for each search, the plugin would read all this information sequentially again.

I'd say this is way outside the targeted usage for I18N search.
But it's nice to know that it works with 1000 pages :-)

BTW: What are you needing a million pages for???
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Whoopsy, I guess I was too greedy.....I will have to go back to the drawing board Sad

the 1.300.000 are phone numbers, I'm currently running a drupal, but was looking for something lighter.
Anyway thanks for your helpful answers

The I18n search easily handle my test with 1.000 pages, I was stuck after 100 but resetting the search in the plugin board unlocked everything, a test on 10.000 was painful and I'm trying on 100.000, and you're right Wink lol