Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A GOOD and versatile news manager needed
andyash Wrote:All of the above sounds good but too techie, kind of tough for the clients (end users) to use comfortably. Can i18 add a separate tab (like it does with i18 Gallery) and add all the news pages there.

I already have identified this as an additional functionality.

andyash Wrote:Have an excerpt section where the user can browse/insert a thumbnail and in the main blog post area he can insert the bigger pic.

If you want an explicit excerpt that would be an addional WYSIWYG editor field with standard image browing like the main content.

andyash Wrote:Using keywords as category creates another issue since most users would treat and use keywords for SEO purposes and with this approach there might be another issue.

I don't think that these keywords present an issue, as the page really is a "product" or "news" item. Additionally get_i18n_header() removes "technical" keywords starting with "_"

andyash Wrote:If I want one page to show all blog posts in the category News and another page to show all blog posts in category Blog and yet a third page to show posts from another category, how do I achieve that?

With I18N Search you would tag all blog posts with "posts" and then the different posts with "news", "blog", ... Searching with tags="posts" would show all posts, searching with tags="posts news" would show news, etc.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.

Messages In This Thread
A GOOD and versatile news manager needed - by mvlcek - 2011-11-17, 21:26:48