Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editor-Configuration: add your whishes here
(2015-06-07, 22:29:09)Tyblitz Wrote:
(2015-06-06, 05:25:46)dryland404 Wrote: Add OG: fields for each page by default.
Sitewide OG: tags in the admin panel and per page fields for each page under Page Options.

https://moz.com/blog/meta-data-templates-123

Some people (like small businesses starting out) don't want or feel the need for a social presence, neither do they have the time or want to maintain it. For them this would be bloat; you can already do this pretty automatically with CD - Opengraph & Social integrations, or manually,  for specific pages, by implementing some fields with the I18N Customfields plugin, then load them in a component or so. With GS Custom Settings you can do so site-wide.

Also, shouldn't this rather go in the 'Options' section than in the CKEditor?

Thank you Tyblitz for the response. 
Yes, this should go in options, I'll see if it is possible to move the thread. 
Yes some people will not need it when starting up , this can be handled with an option box in the admin page (Enable OG tags) I didn't realize I would need it until I dug into why shares on Facebook always showed the wrong image or no image at all. And then realized the impact on SEO of not having any decent shares occurring on social media. If you are not set up properly for social media you will have a hard time getting ANY decent rankings in google search. Even as a plug in it would be fine as long as it doesn't get broken by upgrades which is the common problem with the current plugins. You are correct it is not difficult to do with I8N Special Fields, but far better to have done it from the start. 
Don't get me wrong. I love GetSimple CMS for it's flexibility and straight forward approach. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Editor-Configuration: add your whishes here - by dryland404 - 2015-06-10, 04:09:01
HTML Buttons - by smsHH - 2016-08-05, 09:47:58