Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News manager
Here are the lines in the code in the file NewsBox.php

Code:
line 133            $item.="<div class=\"newsitem\"><p><span class=\"comingsoon\">". $data . "</span></p><p>" . $current[2] . "</p></div>";

} else {

line 137                $item.="<div class=\"newsitem\"><p><span class=\"outdated\">". $data . "</span></p><p>" . $current[2] . "</p></div>";

replaced by

Code:
line133       $item.="<div class=\"newsitem\"><h3>". $current[1] . "</h3><p><span class=\"comingsoon\">". $data . "</span></p><p>" . $current[2] . "</p></div>";

} else {

line 137            $item.="<div class=\"newsitem\"><h3>". $current[1] . "</h3><p><span class=\"outdated\">". $data . "</span></p><p>" . $current[2] . "</p></div>";

and everything worked
You can do so to 1-3 with the latest news appeared in the sidebar?
you have some demo of this plugin?
oooops
Hi friends! I'm sorry but I've been very busy for work... Anyway, the latest release of NM was meant to be used in a WP like loop for a more customized template integration. So I didn't update newsmanager() to display news titles intentionally... if you find, the newsmanager() solution smarter, you can make changes Oleg has done and you got it... I'm working on other improvements, I hope to release a new version soon.. take care!
Thanks for working on this plugin.

I currently use the script, NewsOffice for news.
Having an integrated News Manager would be great for me.
However, I know that I need comments and categories.
Are those features in the future plans?

Thanks

homershines
works.. Thanks but how to make css changes?
How do I integrate the news in my website?

I'm new with Get Simple.
Hello forum, some of you have integrated ckeditor in this plugin? ... or you know how you can integrate?
hello forum, nobody can give me help to implement the ckeditor in to plugin "news managers?
I'm going to logic, you should enter into one of two file of the plugin string that draws ckeditor inside the block that allows you to insert the text of the news ... nobody can tell me how? Please ... :-(
I don’t use the news manager and I have no time to look at it now—maybe at the end of the week. But you could try copying the CKEditor code from /admin/edit.php into the plugin and see whether you can get it to work.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Thanks Zegnat ... I try to see whether Copy the code. I feel as you say, but if I can not, I hope you can see on the weekend how we can integrate the ckeditor in to plugin "newsmanager" so we can turn it into a new plugin "blog manager.

Thanks for your help
hello zegnat,
I've tried as you suggested but I do not know where to put the code ckeditor. I hope you can help and how to insert the ckeditor int to plugin "news manager" ... I know it's a simple task, but I could not ... I hope that your intelligence can solve the problem and create new plugins.

Thanks .... reagards
Al right then, here is a little update for the admin side of things.

Attached you’ll find news-manager.php (inside a ZIP-archive that is, I’m not allowed to upload PHP-files), make sure you have the latest version of Luke’s plugin and overwrite his news-manager.php file with mine.

It will now support the visual editor, the same used when creating pages, to write your news items. It will also respect all editor settings, so if you have the HTML editor turned off in the settings it will not show up. A little upgraded of the form’s HTML is also in place, mainly because I like it more this way. I hope Luke will forgive me for that ;-)

Please know that I’m not planning to update this plugin any further as I’m working on my own, wait for Luke to return with a proper next version or find someone who wishes to pick up the pieces.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Hello mythical Zegnat,
your modification works in the mid ... I'll explain. The ckeditor work, but there are small problems:
1) The date that appears is always 1/1/1970
2) No colors the words with the color palette

.... You can understand why your amendment shows these errors?

Heartfelt thanks for your hand .. are truly unique.
mygetsimple Wrote:The date that appears is always 1/1/1970
That’s weird, it should be taking today’s date straight from the server. I’ll look into that.

mygetsimple Wrote:No colors the words with the color palette
Do they work for the normal page editor? I thought I have cloned it completely.
insert a full date 02.05.2010
I insert the correct date .. But the result is always 1/1/1970. The color of words .. I insert it correctly, but the result is always black.
Zenat are great .. I hope you can solve these problems ... you did a great thing ... insert the ckeditor I hope that can solve all these little problems. I wait .. thanks.
Could someone give me some installation instructions.. I uploaded the files, and created a menu link, but what else I need to do?
Thanks
Stevlep Wrote:What else I need to do?
You will need to create a template file that calls the news manager. In most cases you can just copy the standard template file that came with your theme and switch the following template tag:
Code:
<?php get_page_content(); ?>
With the one that shows the news articles:
Code:
<?php newsmanager(); ?>

Or for more control on how each news item is displayed you can use a WordPress-like loop as explained by Luke in post #15.
hello Zegnat,
you found some solution to date for each news is 01/01/1970?
the problem that does not color for text?
Not yet, haven’t had the time. As I said, I wasn’t really planning to work on this a lot. I’ll look at it now.
Thanks zegnat. Sorry to waste time ... However, the plugin always see you edited the date to 01/01/1970 and the colors do not work in ckeditor. You try to imagine that they always put news day 01.01.1970! .... I think people will never return as the site is old! :-D
i will test this plugin, thanks for work
Hello zegnat,
I want to know if you solved the problem of date and colors in the plugin ... please?