Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Components Extended [v0.9.3]
(2018-04-25, 05:49:08)datiswous Wrote: Hello, I don't know how to reproduce this

All problems still exist.

- after deleting default components fields, they are still imported from /other/components.xml
- component might be edited only once, saving it again even after reloading page doesn't matter
- occasionally 'components' directory permissions are changed disallowing access to components management

I'd gladly see this plugin working in GS 3.3.13/14
Components Extended v0.9.1 out

Finally got some time to update this. I think I resolved the permissions issue (it incorrectly set folder perms to files when GSCHMOD was undefined). @datiswous & @yojoe I think all issues should be resolved with this, can you test?

Changelog:

Code:
- Added de_DE language file
- Fixed permissions issue on components save
Hallo,
this plugin dosn't work for me. Ever if I hava activatet it, the failure-message
getFiles: Unable to open /var/www/virtual/mydom.tld/htdocs/data/components/
appears.
No folder /data/componetes exist, and why there the absolute path from the system and not from the web?
There seems to be something wrong - can help anyone?
System: Debian 8, Apache 2.4, GS 3.3.15, all systemchecks of getsimle intern are o.k.
First of all, the version number is still the old one, it is not corrected in components_ext.class.php line 9.

Removing text from a component is not seen by the plugin as an edit. So it will not save..

I tested on a new installation of GS and the permission issue still exist. After installation when going to components section in GS it creates a folder data/components with permissions 001 (although the first time this happened it didn't even create the folder). It then gives this error: getFiles: Unable to open .../components
When I change permissions to 755 it works.
The way to reproduce this is simply by deleting the components folder, then the same happens again: components folder is recreated with wrong permissions.
(2019-03-20, 23:25:33)hempelr Wrote: Hallo,
this plugin dosn't work for me. Ever if I hava activatet it, the failure-message
getFiles: Unable to open /var/www/virtual/mydom.tld/htdocs/data/components/
appears.
No folder /data/componetes exist, and why there the absolute path from the system and not from the web?
There seems to be something wrong - can help anyone?
System: Debian 8, Apache 2.4, GS 3.3.15, all systemchecks of getsimle intern are o.k.

Hi, you can fix this by creating the folder yourself (via ftp) and then changing the permissions for the folder to 755.
(2019-03-21, 23:43:40)datiswous Wrote: Hi, you can fix this by creating the folder yourself (via ftp) and then changing the permissions for the folder to 755.
Thank you - yes, this works... but with FTP the directory can not be created, because the extension creates this with permission 600 as root - I had to ssh to the server an then to change the permissions as root...It's a bit strange Wink
The most function I like is that "accordion"-effect in the List of components, but the problem is, that this list only appears on the Button-Link in template-tab. If the extension component-in-site-tab is installed, the old place/slug appears on the button createt by these extension. I've changed the Link in the compoadminpages.php to this one which will be called at the button in the template tab (but the link is changed to relative) - and now all seems to be as I expected...Thanks for the hints....
But remember what I stated in a previous post:
Quote:Removing text from a component is not seen by the plugin as an edit. So it will not save..

So for example I have the word GetSimple in a component and want to change it into GS, it is not possible to save the component because I only removed text from the word.

Because of this it makes the plugin a.t.m. kind of useless for me.
(2019-03-23, 04:19:16)datiswous Wrote: But remember what I stated in a previous post:
Quote:Removing text from a component is not seen by the plugin as an edit. So it will not save..

So for example I have the word GetSimple in a component and want to change it into GS, it is not possible to save the component because I only removed text from the word.

Because of this it makes the plugin a.t.m. kind of useless for me.

Ok - I found, that the changes where saved, but were not shown. The components which will be changed in that extensions-editfield will be never shown in the frontend. Thats more than strange...but my knowledge of php isn'g good enaugh to inverstigate why....
Ups - the problem is the new call - with get_component('name') the old one will be called, with get_ext_component('name') the right componentoutput will be shown - it is usefull and does what it should...
Hi all, datiswous,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and patience.
A fix is under way for the permissions issue and correct versioning, as well as a few other minor tweaks.
I also noticed incompatibilities with the latest GS 3.4 alpha (name change of the CodeMirror JS script, re-styling of existing classnames) so I need to look into that.

I also want to make the activate/deactivate feature (GS 3.4+) part of the plugin, so bear with me.
Components Extended v0.9.3 out

Think the permissions issue should be gone now. I've made the plugin a little more compatible with GS3.4, but it's going to take a lot of time to make this plugin both GS3.3.X AND GS3.4 compatible because there have been quite a lot of changes to components in 3.4 behind the scenes (GSNOHIGHLIGHT no longer available, CodeMirror assets, config & styling are different), and I will need some extra time to implement the Enable/ Disable toggle.

The current version should work perfectly on GS3.3.x and well enough on GS3.4.

Changelog:

Code:
- Removed spellcheck from component edits  
- Fixed another permissions bug
- Fixed compatibility issues with GS 3.4  
- Added loading plugin on clicking the main GS 3.4 navigation  
- Removed outdated CSS vendor prefixes  
- Updated some metadata (version, website)  
Did you also check out this problem:

Removing text from a component is not seen by the plugin as an edit. This means in this situation that the possibility to save the component is simply not present (you can not click save).
(2019-04-09, 08:57:52)datiswous Wrote: Did you also check out this problem:

Removing text from a component is not seen by the plugin as an edit. This means in this situation that the possibility to save the component is simply not present (you can not click save).

Yes, that should be fixed.
I use dark admin theme plugin and it looked real bad with components extended.

Found a fix so I went and grabbed custom admin css plugin to override a style
Code:
.compdiv {height: auto;}

Now I have this

You have .compdiv set at 22px tall.Nice plugin though. Those little boxes were getting on my nerve. Dark admin theme plugin has a button to collapse the sidebar and give you more width but it didn't work with components as they were but it does work with your components extended.

thx
let's just hope it keeps working