Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple user login.
OWS_Matthew Wrote:The plugin hooks along with the revamped login should be released with the next release. (None have been implemented yet though).

I will release my plugin for beta testing shortly after the updates have been added to the SVN. (probably only a handful of people)

How is this coming along? I have a client who really wants this feature Smile
Will it be possible to set user permissions?
We will not have the ability to set permissions with the intitial release. However it may come down the road.

I will try and finish this today. (although you will have to update to the latest build to use it.)
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
Any news on the multiple user support? I would gladly help out, if you could point me in the right direction.
This will be realesed along side the release of the latest GetSimple build as it depends on the new login system that has been added.. I had it almost completed when I learned we will probably be adding MySQL support with the next release, this changes things a little because the plugin will need to support both methods of data storage.
JWH Technologies
OWS_Matthew Wrote:This will be realesed along side the release of the latest GetSimple build as it depends on the new login system that has been added.. I had it almost completed when I learned we will probably be adding MySQL support with the next release, this changes things a little because the plugin will need to support both methods of data storage.

Does anyone have any updates about this feature?

I know the functionality and hooks have been added one of the newer 3.0 beta builds, but I am not sure where to start to get it functioning.

Can anyone one throw me on the right track so I can start experimenting?
Actually mutliuser functionality is working, but there's no interface to manage users in admin panel.
Just duplicate the user file, change it's name and the user name inside it.
like: yournick.xml to newnick.xml
Then login using:
user: newnick
pass: yournick_password
and change user password.
You can also generate and change password inside xml file using sha1 generators available on interwebz.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
... Awesome ...

Another question..

Does anyone have any ideas what would be the best way to remove certain features of the admin panel for the second user?
For example, I would not want my clients (who will be the secondary users) to be able to access theme, plugins, settings, or support. I would not those menu items to either not exist, or to be non click-able.

I have some ideas my self, I am just curious if others have thought of this or implemented anything similar.
there are no Roles built into the system, so even if you somehow remove a link for a particular person, they would still have that ability - whether they could see the link or not...
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Without at least a limited multi user capability, this otherwise amazing software will be stuck with the single users who simply wish to talk about their personal affairs. Most CMS are also used in building communities of a variety of group interest.

Multi users is a must, as long as it is secure and preferably if new users are created by administration.

All the best to the hard working group, I am sure you are going to make it.

Costas
I just re-purposed youjoe's post into a Wiki article: http://get-simple.info/wiki/config:multi-user
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:there are no Roles built into the system, so even if you somehow remove a link for a particular person, they would still have that ability - whether they could see the link or not...

That is perfect. My clients would not know how to find any of the pages they were not in the navigation!.
Hello Chris, I just tried it but unfortunately it did not work.
I downloaded the txt file, renamed it and changed the contents to include a new user name, new password (not encrypted - user name was also the file name), created a new directory data/users and uploaded the file. Did a couple of refresh in my browser, but it did not work. When I tried to ask for a new password and entered the email which was in the new xml file I got the response that: "Please enter the email address registered on this system, and a new password will be sent to you." I repeated the whole thing by placing the file in the existing folder data/other where the one user is located, but no luck, same story.

Probably something more must be changed in some other files.

Please note: when I installed the program at the beginning I think I was asked if I need a database installation or no database (unless I am confusing it with another test site I was trying recently) I proceeded without database. If I had chosen the data base I could possibly install the new user from there. This site is experimental, I don't mind reinstalling from scratch, if this will help.

Take care and thank you for your efforts.

Costas
costas100 Wrote:Please note: when I installed the program at the beginning I think I was asked if I need a database installation or no database
Must be a different CMS - our install doesnt do that.

Were you doing this on a 3.0beta version of GetSimple?
- Chris

ccagle8 Wrote:
costas100 Wrote:Please note: when I installed the program at the beginning I think I was asked if I need a database installation or no database
Must be a different CMS - our install doesnt do that.

Were you doing this on a 3.0beta version of GetSimple?

No I was doing it on the 2.03.1 version
I guess I will wait till version 3.0 passes the Beta

Thank you
You will only be able to user multi-user if you are running the 3.0 beta.

I will try and finish up this plugin in the next couple days so that it can be tested alongside GS3.0!
JWH Technologies
OWS_Matthew Wrote:You will only be able to user multi-user if you are running the 3.0 beta.

I will try and finish up this plugin in the next couple days so that it can be tested alongside GS3.0!

Thank you Matthew, you are talking about a plugin, will this eliminate the need of a manual user file as stated in the previous posts? When do you expect that the first non beta version of GS3.0 will be ready?

Thank you
Costas
PS: You are asking about possible uses of GS, I suppose one will be for sites that host ads with pictures (free or for a fee), I have three examples in my new site at: http://www.sellshareandexchange.com/simp...-s-america taken from my old manual HTML one is http://ads.greece-mylove.com/propads_c/P00545.html which when you compare with the one under GS, the GS wins by far (pictures are linked from the built in Gallery). This needs multi users and possibly also multi contact forms.
costas100 Wrote:
OWS_Matthew Wrote:You will only be able to user multi-user if you are running the 3.0 beta.

Thank you Matthew, you are talking about a plugin, will this eliminate the need of a manual user file as stated in the previous posts? When do you expect that the first non beta version of GS3.0 will be ready?

Thank you
Costas
PS: You are asking about possible uses of GS, I suppose one will be for sites that host ads with pictures (free or for a fee), I have three examples in my new site at: http://www.sellshareandexchange.com/simp...-s-america taken from my old manual HTML one is http://ads.greece-mylove.com/propads_c/P00545.html which when you compare with the one under GS, the GS wins by far (pictures are linked from the built in Gallery). This needs multi users and possibly also multi contact forms.

This is an update to the above:
The above site doesn't exit at the moment. I replaced it with a final site under: http://zk.ellada-mas.com/ using version 3.0 This site is in Greek and has a picture and video. No problems
You are talking about a plugin, is this for the new user? I created successfully a new user manually by creating an xml file and adding an SHA1 password. It works fine. But if the plugin can control accessibility in certain areas that will be great.
Hello Matthew, there is one other point which maybe related to the new user creation:
I tried login with my new user account using two different browsers: Google Chrome and Konqueror (both under Ubuntu). My regular browser is Firefox (also under Ubuntu) and when I try to create or edit a new article a full featured WYSIWYG editor is available.
Under Google Chrome and Konqueror it is still possible to edit any article but the editor is only text. It does show and I presume accepts HTML tags, but there is no icons of any kind.
If this was introduced as an extra security to prevent editing articles made by others, it does not seam to work.

I tried a new small sample article created under Firefox and then using Coogle Chrome and Konqueror I was able to edit it with no problems using my new user account that I created. The page is not under any menu, but you can view it in: http://zk.ellada-mas.com/test-page/

I think it will be nice if editing can be tied to the creator of the article, if at all possible.

Take care

Costas
costas100 Wrote:
costas100 Wrote:

Thank you
Costas

This is an update to the above:
The above site doesn't exit at the moment. I replaced it with a final site under: http://zk.ellada-mas.com/ using version 3.0 This site is in Greek and has a picture and video. No problems
You are talking about a plugin, is this for the new user? I created successfully a new user manually by creating an xml file and adding an SHA1 password. It works fine. But if the plugin can control accessibility in certain areas that will be great.

I just finished a plugin that will accomplish what you want:
http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/1717/...er-plugin/