Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Permissions and .htaccess
I'm having permissions problems on a Dutch provider, most likely the same ones as described on http://get-simple.info/wiki/installation:all-inkl.

The given solution ("AddHandler php-cgi .php") doesn't seem to work for me, however: after changing .htaccess, Apache downloads PHP files (instead of executing them).

Anybody any idea? I've been trying to install GS for months, so help is really - really - appreciated. (-:
(2014-03-16, 04:53:25)HansD Wrote: I'm having permissions problems on a Dutch provider, most likely the same ones as described on http://get-simple.info/wiki/installation:all-inkl.

The given solution ("AddHandler php-cgi .php") doesn't seem to work for me, however: after changing .htaccess, Apache downloads PHP files (instead of executing them).

Anybody any idea? I've been trying to install GS for months, so help is really - really - appreciated. (-:

Which provider is this exactly?
(2014-03-16, 05:18:16)Draxeiro Wrote: Which provider is this exactly?

Uniserver (www.uniserver.nl). I have a basic package, including PHP and MySQL though.
(2014-03-16, 05:47:41)HansD Wrote:
(2014-03-16, 05:18:16)Draxeiro Wrote: Which provider is this exactly?

Uniserver (www.uniserver.nl). I have a basic package, including PHP and MySQL though.

The provider's name doesn't ring a bell. I've experienced problems while uploading stuff via the admin at bHosted as well as Webreus. And especially at the latter one I remember permission problems. There adding the following to the htaccess file fixed it:

Code:
SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off

Not sure if it will help you out but you can always give it a shot.
(2014-03-16, 23:23:54)Draxeiro Wrote: The provider's name doesn't ring a bell. I've experienced problems while uploading stuff via the admin at bHosted as well as Webreus. And especially at the latter one I remember permission problems. There adding the following to the htaccess file fixed it:

Code:
SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off

Not sure if it will help you out but you can always give it a shot.

Thank you, but unfortunately this doesn't work for me either. I'll ask my provider if running PHP in CGI mode is allowed at all, and if so, whether "AddHandler php-cgi .php" is the correct command. Assuming running in CGI mode will solve my problems, that is. If I understand other threads on this forum well, the point is that uploaded files are owned by the FTP user and files created by GS are owned by "daemon".
(2014-03-17, 02:35:03)HansD Wrote: Thank you, but unfortunately this doesn't work for me either. I'll ask my provider if running PHP in CGI mode is allowed at all, and if so, whether "AddHandler php-cgi .php" is the correct command. Assuming running in CGI mode will solve my problems, that is. If I understand other threads on this forum well, the point is that uploaded files are owned by the FTP user and files created by GS are owned by "daemon".
My provider is going to migrate my site to a server which supports FastCGI. That might just do the trick - I'll let you know.
(2014-03-21, 05:06:38)HansD Wrote: My provider is going to migrate my site to a server which supports FastCGI. That might just do the trick - I'll let you know.
After migrating to another server, GS works like a charm... Problem solved! (-: