Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pages and comments plugin
Update 2: In the list of pages with comments, I noticed a link and it showed the number 1 for comments. I clicked that and the recent comment was finally listed on the "recent comments" page of the P&C panel.

The only obstacle now appears to be getting this to work for me using fancy URLs.
Is there something I need to add to the .htaccess to get it to work with fancy URLs? My web host does have mod_rewrite enabled. I must be missing something in the .htaccess...?

Second question: In the P&C settings, there's a place to integrate with social media and then it wants the "social media type". What do I put in there for Facebook, for example?
Hi,

To use news manager you need to modify .htaccess as intructed news manager.

Social media > Don't work, is to do.....

I have sent a private message.
(2015-06-09, 16:21:37)cumbe Wrote: To use news manager you need to modify .htaccess as intructed news manager.

When modified the htaccess file as instructed in the News Manager plugin while activated Fancy urls, there is the mentioned issue.
I have always had the .htaccess for News Manager and have been using Fancy URLs with no issues anywhere on my site. News Manager works as it should with Fancy URLs activated.

It is when I have Fancy URLs activated that it breaks the Pages & Comments Plug-in as I have been describing. When I turn Fancy URLs off, it is only then that the Pages & Comments Plug-in works.
Haven't had time to test, but here's a pointer in the good direction: I'm pretty confident it's got something to do with lines 469-496 in pages_comments.php
Yes, Tyblitz.

It seems it works without fancy urls or if fancy urls enabled in BOTH GS and NM, but not if only enabled in GS (and probably other setups). This probably happens since NM 2.3.0 (because of a change in the default permalinks)

I'll take a look at this...
A quick fix for Pages and Comments 3.2, to make it compatible with News Manager 3.0 or later, with certain url structures.

[edited] In pages_comments.php pages_comments/pcmanager.php, change lines 486-494 by this:

PHP Code:
if ($pcintegNM == && $fich == $pcpageNM){
    if (
function_exists('nm_is_single')) { // NM 3.0+

if (nm_is_single()) {

$post nm_post_slug(false);

$urlsearch $post.'.NMG';

$idpret nm_post_url(false);
      }
    } else {

$post = isset($_GET['post']) ? $_GET['post'] : '';

$urlsearch = isset($_GET['post']) ? $post.'.NMG' $fich.'.xml';
      if(
$PRETTYURLS =='') {

$idpret = isset($_GET['post']) ? $idpret.'&post='.$post $idpret;
      } else {

$idpret = isset($_GET['post']) ? $idpret.'post/'.$post $idpret;
      }
    }
  } 
A lot of thanks Carlos, I didn't know what happened....

Regards
(2015-06-18, 01:29:00)Carlos Wrote: A quick fix for Pages and Comments 3.2, to make it compatible with News Manager 3.0 or later, with certain url structures.

In pages_comments/pcmanager.php, change lines 486-494 by this:

PHP Code:
 if ($pcintegNM == && $fich == $pcpageNM){

if (function_exists('nm_is_single')) { // NM 3.0+

if (nm_is_single()) {

$post nm_post_slug(false);

$urlsearch $post.'.NMG';

$idpret nm_post_url(false);

}

} else {

$post = isset($_GET['post']) ? $_GET['post'] : '';

$urlsearch = isset($_GET['post']) ? $post.'.NMG' $fich.'.xml';

if($PRETTYURLS =='') {

$idpret = isset($_GET['post']) ? $idpret.'&post='.$post $idpret;

} else {

$idpret = isset($_GET['post']) ? $idpret.'post/'.$post $idpret;

}

}

My pages_comments/pcmanager.php has only 120 lines and no code even remotely similar to this. :S
Sorry, the change has to be made to pages_comments.php, not pcmanager.php
(2015-08-14, 18:22:59)Carlos Wrote: Sorry, the change has to be made to pages_comments.php, not pcmanager.php

Many thanks for a great plug in. It works with Fancy URLs now!   Heart Smile
I did a french translation file. Wink

plugins/pages_comments/lang/fr_FR.php

Thx!

Attached Files
.php   fr_FR.php (Size: 13.19 KB / Downloads: 1)
__
Contact me if you need a french translation file for your plugin.
I chose to use the "Moderate Comments: YES" in the "Default Value for Comments". When I see a new comment waiting for approval (acceptance), I can't find a way to approve (accept) it so that it becomes public. The only option is "Remove this entry?". I don't want to remove it, I want to accept it. How do I do this?
(2016-03-14, 00:17:17)joyofweaving.com Wrote: I chose to use the "Moderate Comments: YES" in the "Default Value for Comments".  When I see  a new comment waiting for approval (acceptance), I can't find a way to approve (accept) it so that it becomes public. The only option is "Remove this entry?".  I don't want to remove it, I want to accept it.  How do I do this?

I see where it is in the index.log and can change it there, but I don't want to have to go into the .log file every time I need to approve a post. 
Hi joyofweaving.com

You have to go to the tab "Pages with comments" inside of "Pages & comments Manager".
In the column "Comments" you can see the number of comments for page. The number is a link of the comments, from here you can public the comments "Hidden"...

Regards.
Voting gives this error:
Warning: Cookie names cannot contain any of the following '=,; \t\r\n\013\014
pcvote.php on line 15.

Also whats the code snippet to get total comment count?.
And snippet to show recent comment in sidebar?.
Quote:You have to go to the tab "Pages with comments" inside of "Pages & comments Manager".
In the column "Comments" you can see the number of comments for page. The number is a link of the comments, from here you can public the comments "Hidden"...

Hate to be such a pain but I'm still having the problem that the Pages & Comments admin panels do not show any News Manager Pages that have the comments form added to them. It lists all the regular Get-Simple pages that have the comment form added to them, but none of the News Manager Pages. If I wanted to remove a comment form from one of the News Manager pages, I couldn't.

Recent Comments column in admin panel will show comments made to News Manager, but there's still the problem that if the settings call for moderated posts, there's no option to make the comment "public", only to delete it. Still have to go into the log files to make it public. Just wanted to let you know.

Moving forward, I won't be using News Manager. I'll be using the i18n search to create my blogs now that I have somewhat of a grasp of how to get that to work.
(2017-03-12, 22:23:08)joyofweaving.com Wrote:
Quote:You have to go to the tab "Pages with comments" inside of "Pages & comments Manager".

Hate to be such a pain but I'm still having the problem that the Pages & Comments admin panels do not show any News Manager Pages that have the comments form added to them. It lists all the regular Get-Simple pages that have the comment form added to them, but none of the News Manager Pages.  If I wanted to remove a comment form from one of the News Manager pages, I couldn't.

Recent Comments column in admin panel will show comments made to News Manager, but there's still the problem that if the settings call for moderated posts, there's no option to make the comment "public", only to delete it.  Still have to go into the log files to make it public.  Just wanted to let you know.

Hi joyofweaving,

1) You must active the same 'Page to display posts:' of Newsmanager in Pages&comments.
2) after to this page you have to add comments system:
    - If you don't add the comments to this page, you will not see in backend any page of news manager with system comments.
    - if you don't want comments system in this page and only you want comments system in news manager posts you want to go to settings of this page in Tab 'Pages with comments', click in Page Tilte of page to edit options, and after 'Comments: NO'

After, to active comments hidden you must:
You have to go to the tab "Pages with comments" inside of "Pages & comments Manager".
In the column "Comments" you can see the number of comments for page. The number is a link of the comments, you must to click in link, and from here you can public the comments "Hidden"...

In Recents comments Tab only you can see or remove, but you can not public any hidden comment.

I´m sorry for my english.

Regards
(2016-03-14, 04:31:11)cumbe Wrote: Hi joyofweaving.com

Regards.

(2017-03-14, 05:42:32)cumbe Wrote:

Hate to be such a pain but I'm still having the problem that the Pages & Comments admin panels do not show any News Manager Pages that have the comments form added to them. It lists all the regular Get-Simple pages that have the comment form added to them, but none of the News Manager Pages.  If I wanted to remove a comment form from one of the News Manager pages, I couldn't.

Recent Comments column in admin panel will show comments made to News Manager, but there's still the problem that if the settings call for moderated posts, there's no option to make the comment "public", only to delete it.  Still have to go into the log files to make it public.  Just wanted to let you know.

Hi joyofweaving,

1) You must active the same 'Page to display posts:' of Newsmanager in Pages&comments.
    - If you don't add the comments to this page, you will not see in backend any page of news manager with system comments.
    - if you don't want comments system in this page and only you want comments system in news manager posts you want to go to settings of this page in Tab 'Pages with comments', click in Page Tilte of page to edit options, and after 'Comments: NO'

In the column "Comments" you can see the number of comments for page. The number is a link of the comments, you must to click in link, and from here you can public the comments "Hidden"...

In Recents comments Tab only you can see or remove, but you can not public any hidden comment.

Regards

Thanks. Yes, I understand that. I have done all that. It does not (never has) list any of the pages that Comments Form has been added to in the News Manager Pages. It only lists the pages created in the regular Get Simple.

Moving forward, I won't be using News Manager. I'll be using the i18n search to create my blogs now that I have somewhat of a grasp of how to get that to work.

(2017-03-14, 21:24:44)joyofweaving.com Wrote:
(2016-03-14, 04:31:11)cumbe Wrote: Hi joyofweaving.com

Regards.

(2017-03-14, 05:42:32)cumbe Wrote:

Hi joyofweaving,

Regards

Thanks. Yes, I understand that. I have done all that. It  does not (never has) list any of the pages that Comments Form has been added to in the News Manager Pages. It only lists the pages created in the regular Get Simple.

Hi,

You must activate el comments system to the page of getsimple 'blog' too; not only to post of news manager.

After if you don't want comments system in the page 'blog' and only you want comments system in news manager posts you want to go to settings of this page in Tab 'Pages with comments', click in Page Tilte of page to edit options, and after 'Comments: NO'

I send a message private.
Regards
Now I understand! THANK YOU. Heart Sorry for being so dense.
Not a huge problem. Just thought I'd mention it.

How do I add something like an invisible form field, that if it's filled out, the attempted comment will be entirely rejected and they get an error message? Right now the captcha seems to be ineffective. Comments by spambots are posted when unmoderated (the blacklisted x...x comments clutter up the page) and if moderated, the post is hidden but a notification is sent to admin with the content and admin has to go in and delete it. If there are a lot, it will be tedious to weed them out from the good comments that need to be approved. An invisible form field (honeypot) that's filled out by bots, which would prevent anything from being posted *at all*, would be ideal. I'd like to add one.