Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pages and comments plugin
Hi... not sure why this block is necessary, hovewer you know its not correct, right? For me it should be cs_CZ and this code spoils it to cs_CS, which doesn't work... :)

pages_comments.php #457:
PHP Code:
    //i18n compatible

global $language;

/*
    if (isset($_GET['setlang'])){
        $LANG = $_GET['setlang']. '_'.strtoupper($_GET['setlang']);
    }
    if (isset($language)){
        $LANG = $language. '_'.strtoupper($language);
    } 
Hi Cumbe,
is there a way to edit comments?

Okay – i can go to getsimple/data/other/pages_comments/blabla.log. Is there an easyer way with more comfort?

Gretings
J1
Hi folks,

I wonder if this plugin is no longer maintained… by anybody.

Still, could it be used? I just started to set up (and migrate) a GS blog (version 3.3.13). Not sure, if it wise to try anything fancy here but… OTOH, a blog without a comment system is pretty dry, I'd say.

Is there some specific reason for this lacking of up-to-date comment plugin?
maybe people like this plugin http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/ext...enting/73/
(2018-04-02, 04:45:29)Oleg06 Wrote: maybe people like this plugin http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/ext...enting/73/

- - -
External Commenting plugin
Last Updated: August 8, 2013
Compatible with: GetSimple 3.0 - 3.1
- - -

Thx.

Yes, I noticed that one. Unfortunately, it looks like badly dated and it also has a reliant on external solutions. Like (paid) Disqus, which I don't like. However, this IntenseDebate system sure would look interesting.

But this plugin is five (5) years old. Not compatible with 3.3. Is anybody using it?
Pages & Comments should work with GS 3.3.13, but it adds its commenting system to normal pages, not to GS Blog posts.

External Comments works ok with GS 3.3.13. I use it in one of my sites (with disqus, free). I suppose you can make it work with GS Blog posts wth some changes to your template or the plugin layout files.
(2018-04-02, 15:07:19)zouknet Wrote:
(2018-04-02, 04:45:29)Oleg06 Wrote: maybe people like this plugin http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/ext...enting/73/

- - -
External Commenting plugin
Last Updated: August 8, 2013
Compatible with: GetSimple 3.0 - 3.1
- - -

Thx.

Yes, I noticed that one. Unfortunately, it looks like badly dated and it also has a reliant on external solutions. Like (paid) Disqus, which I don't like. However, this IntenseDebate system sure would look interesting.

But this plugin is five (5) years old. Not compatible with 3.3. Is anybody using it?
Disqus is a wonderful comment service, the design is adjusted to the site design and it's easy to work with it, you can show how many comments each article has. I use it for free.
http://demo.getsimplethemes.ru/shop-en/news/
http://getsimplecms.ru/plaginy-dlya-gets...s-manager/
(2018-04-02, 18:23:06)Carlos Wrote: Pages & Comments should work with GS 3.3.13, but it adds its commenting system to normal pages, not to GS Blog posts.

I see. I guess using it leads to setting up the "Comments Page", a bit like having a guestbook. Not the best solution. Well, no visitor landslide oncoming, so that might do the trick.

Quote:External Comments works ok with GS 3.3.13. I use it in one of my sites (with disqus, free). I suppose you can make it work with GS Blog posts wth some changes to your template or the plugin layout files.

Sounds ok. Too bad, I'm just a poor GS newbie and wouldn't have any idea of what are those changes required.

Ommm… Could it be possible that "someone" would now upgrade this plugin? :)
A quick one:

It turns out that no GS plugin required. Mentioned IntenseDebate service offered a JavaScript solution for free. I just signed in, copied the script available on page, embedded it in my blog page, and… hop on! :)

Thx, fellows! GS rollin' on…
Exclamation 
Good day. Your Pages & Comments plugin for GetSimple with long messages (approximately more than 500 characters) gives an error ERR_CONNECTION_RESET in the admin panel and on the site itself. Tested by adding and removing characters from the log file. Chrome browser. How can I fix this problem?
I apologize for my english.

Добрый день. Ваш плагин Pages & Comments для GetSimple при длинных сообщениях (примерно более 500 символов) выдает ошибку ERR_CONNECTION_RESET и в админке и на самом сайте. Тестировал добавляя и удаляя символы из log файла. Браузер Chrome. Как можно исправить данную проблему?
Прошу прощения за свой английский.[Image: err_connection_reset-chrome-browser-erro...ows-10.jpg]
blacklist of words doesn't work. I get hammered by spambots daily. What I mean is that I have comments moderated because of bots. They are still able to post. They should be getting an error and nothing should post at all. That's not what's happening. I get an email saying there's been a post, then I have to go in and delete it. This is a PITA.

Will have to find some other solution. Open to suggestion.
Hello,
this is a great add-on!!

When the page post increases in size (I found that size depends on the theme) page_comments plugin shows a "session can't start because headers already send" warning & I can't post a comment.
The temp fix I found is changing line 27 in check.php and setting in there the $tp='pc';

Code:
    //check Token  
    if (isset($_POST['guest-submit']) && $tp != 'noenter') {  
        if ($_POST['guest']["q_token".$_POST['guest']['q_count']]  != $_SESSION["pc_token".$_POST['guest']['q_count']]){
            //if doesn't come from form
            $mi_array = $temp;
            $tp = 'pc'; //FIX ****************** ORIGINAL was $tp='noenter2';
            $seg= 6;
            $msgshw = '*** '.strtoupper(i18n_r('pages_comments/MSG_pcERR')).' ***\n';
            $msgshw .= '$_SESSION: '.$_SESSION["pc_token".$_POST['guest']['q_count']].'\n';
            $msgshw .= '$_POST: '.$_POST['guest']["q1_token".$_POST['guest']['q_count']];
        }
    }

I hadn't much time to reverse engineer the plugin but this seems to work at the moment.

It's a very strange bug and I was really surprised when I found out that with different themes the bug appears at different page post size...

Any clues of better fixes?
Hi,
I wonder how to upload a picture in a comment from my computer.
It asks me for link.
(2020-07-11, 08:56:12)joyofweaving.com Wrote: blacklist of words doesn't work. I get hammered by spambots daily. What I mean is that I have comments moderated because of bots. They are still able to post. They should be getting an error and nothing should post at all. That's not what's happening. I get an email saying there's been a post, then I have to go in and delete it.  This is a PITA.

Will have to find some other solution. Open to suggestion.

Also thinking about a solution for this kind of problem, because I would also like to add a commenting system to my page somedays.
I like the comments at php.net, no bling bling.

My thought is, maybe a commenting system could utilize a required-words list.
Or perhaps two lists, one with words that MUST occur in the text, and another one with words of which SOME or just ONE have to occur.
This might increase the probability that the comment really refers to the theme of the web site, or even to the page (with separate word lists per page).
A score can also be made of it, and be displayed to the moderating admin, helping him for a quick decision.

Just a thought, what do you think of it?