Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Location of constructor for head meta data ?
Hey guys,

quick question: looking for the constructor for the meta data in the <head> like meta description, canonical tag etc. (the stuff that gets called by get_header() )

I've been searching for 15 minutes now but apparently I'm blind. Where is it located?
(2022-01-19, 00:27:59)Bolkonskij Wrote: Hey guys,

quick question: looking for the constructor for the meta data in the <head> like meta description, canonical tag etc. (the stuff that gets called by get_header() )

I've been searching for 15 minutes now but apparently I'm blind. Where is it located?

admin/inc/theme_functions.php
line 263. -> function get_header($full=true)
(2022-01-19, 00:27:59)Bolkonskij Wrote: Hey guys,

Use the I18N plugin. It helps to manipulate meta tags.
Code:
<?php function_exists('get_i18n_header') ? get_i18n_header(true,array('generator', 'canonical', 'keywords', 'description')) : get_header(); ?>
Thanks both of you for answering, especially smdp-1971 - that was exactly the code line I was missing.

@Oleg06 good suggestion, but doesn't help me. I needed to change the syntax to HTML 3.2, because that's what my page is coded in for maximum retro browser compatibility. Since HTML 3 didn't know any self-closing tags, I had to change the /> to a simple > to pass the validator. Yeah, VERY specific problem, i know ;-)