Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PROBLEM Non existing URL's hit
Hi.

I (and Google) found a funny effect.

When I call a URL from my Getsimple installation, a page is delivered even when the URL does not exist.

Example:
1. www.domain.com/hellopage exists.
2. www.domain.com/anypath/hellopage does not exist, but I get the same result as from 1!

I cannot find a wrong rewrite rule and suspect one of the plugins to make that effect.

Did anybody else ever find such a behaviour of Getsimple?

The problem of Google is that it complains about wrong URLs/double content, since I had a test installation in a subdirectory. It is deleted, but Google remenbers some of the old URLs.
Your question has nothing to do with GS
Domain.com is an existing domain registrar
and both urls from them do not exist
and generate a 404 it is as simple as that
(2022-12-02, 20:46:04)Felix Wrote: Your question has nothing to do with GS
Domain.com is an existing domain registrar
and both urls from them do not exist
and generate a 404 it is as simple as that

?

Yes it has. I am talking about MY OWN webspace, which I do not want to publish here. That's why I wrote EXAMPLE.

It always delivers the content of 1. when I call the URL from 2.

And it must have to do with GS, since nothing else is installed on that webspace. And yes, generating a 404 for 2. would be the solution, but how to do?
I think this is due to a standard routing behavior of GetSimple. 
It seems that GS handles only the last part (segment) of the URL and ignores the ones before it.

Maybe you can control the parsing of the URL via the configuration somehow, I don't know.
Quote:I think this is due to a standard routing behavior of GetSimple. 
It seems that GS handles only the last part (segment) of the URL and ignores the ones before it.

Maybe you can control the parsing of the URL via the configuration somehow, I don't know.

That is a good feedback on it, thanks for your reply. Any hints where to start looking in GS ?
I will start some digging and see what I can find.
(2022-12-03, 15:45:01)Bigin Wrote: It seems that GS handles only the last part (segment) of the URL and ignores the ones before it.

This seems to be the problem. At first I thought it would only concern blog post pages (News Manager plugin). But all URL's can be tuned with some /coincidence/ between and no 404 happens...

I will make an entry in my robots.txt for first aid.
I also encountered the same thing.  See: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=17104

As an example, I can provide the following link.  http://gs1000.showme.zone/this/URL/is/invalid/article-029

My question is, is there a solution?  At the moment I am considering detecting this issue by comparing the Canonical URL with the actual URL and forcing a 404 error...

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how and where to implement that?  I ask because I am definitely not the only one affected.

Thanks