Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GetSimple 3.0Beta in need of Testers
http://get-simple.info/beta

Things to check:
- What happens when you upgrade an already existing website? (obviously don't do this on a live site... but maybe a copy of one?)
- Do your plugins work? (they should, but there might be a little style problems...)
- Do your themes work? (they should, but we did depreciate some poorly written functions)

Changes have been made to the changelog.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
yes!
samrocksc Wrote:yes!
haha, thanks... Can I ask what it was in regards to?
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
after installation squareit-gallery.php
Code:
Notice: Undefined index: gsg_functions.inc.php in /home/cp068800/public_html/neowebtime.ru/03/admin/inc/plugin_functions.php on line 152

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/cp068800/public_html/neowebtime.ru/03/admin/inc/plugin_functions.php:152) in /home/cp068800/public_html/neowebtime.ru/03/plugins/squareit-gallery.php on line 14

Notice: Undefined index: gsg_plugins.inc.php in /home/cp068800/public_html/neowebtime.ru/03/admin/inc/plugin_functions.php on line 152

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cp068800/public_html/neowebtime.ru/03/admin/inc/plugin_functions.php:152) in /home/cp068800/public_html/neowebtime.ru/03/admin/inc/cookie_functions.php on line 30
Thanks Oleg - it looks like something with the gsg_functions.inc.php file. You must also have DEBUG on because those look like warnings and not errors. To be honest, i think it has to do with the developers all starting session_start() and not checking to see if it's already open first. (saw this complaint on the forums by another plugin dev)
- Chris

after installation plugin p01-contact_gs.php
Code:
Warning: file_get_contents(/home/cp068800/public_html/neowebtime.ru/03/data/other/user.xml) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cp068800/public_html/neowebtime.ru/03/admin/inc/basic.php on line 218

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/cp068800/public_html/neowebtime.ru/03/plugins/p01-contact_gs.php on line 69

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cp068800/public_html/neowebtime.ru/03/admin/inc/basic.php:218) in /home/cp068800/public_html/neowebtime.ru/03/admin/inc/cookie_functions.php on line 30
that is because user.xml has changed locations... he will have to update the plugin to do something else to get the default email address. It sucks because a lot of people wanted multi-user capabilities, but then this type of stuff happens.

I will help any developer out there that needs help updating their plugins... and their plugins will only have problems if they read one of the default install XML files (website, user, cp-settings)
- Chris

perhaps the developers of these plugins will pay attention and fix their plugins Smile
FYI to everyone. I just updated the Get-simple.info site with this version, and all went smoothly. I however have no plugins installed.

No one else should do this with their live site because the some of the code isn't done being written, but it is a fairly stable release.

Also of note: the update.php script needs to create folders, so if your original installation had CHMOD problems, be wary of this release as you may need to do a little more to update than merely overwriting the entire /admin/ folder (which i did)
- Chris

I am going through fresh install re-introducing my plugins, so far the following work correctly(http://www.shoutinginfrench.com):

Working:
Tumblr - One of I'm making
Dynamic Pages
GS-Social

Don't Work:

I had an issue with the update.php as you used above so I completely re-installed with your version. Everythings very smooth with the just complete re-install and uploading data, plugins, themes. I'll finish later this evening.
thanks for the update Sam... thanks for the testing!
- Chris

works here too on 4 small different sites. (updated them via svn a few days ago)

plugins used are menucache, a very old version of contact-form i manually modified and soon i'll update a site using branded-login, but i'm confident it has been developed to be compatible with this beta too.
Chris I've been testing this latest version today, and my GSgallery plugin seems to work fine with this new version. The only thing I notice is that a lot of the styles you used have changed.
The headers I actually like that now, we get to use <h3> tags which is more standard. I Will be trying to prepare all my plugins to work with this new version, which I must say, you've done a great job. Will report If I find any bugs..
- Julian

My GetSimple Plugins: Simple Image Gallery | TweetMeme reTweet Button
Chris, I was looking into the warnings that Oleg reported, and tracing the issue, I could not understand what this piece of code is doing:
Code:
$bt = debug_backtrace();
  $caller = array_shift($bt);

$pathName= pathinfo_filename($caller['file']);

if ($live_plugins[$pathName.'.php']=='true'){
    $plugins[] = array(
        'hook' => $hook_name,
        'function' => $added_function,
        'args' => (array) $args,
        'file' => $pathName.'.php',
    'line' => $caller['line']
    );
  }

SCRATCH THIS... This only supresses the warning, but does not fixes the issue, exposed below in my edit.
Quote:I think in order to fix the issue you just need ensure the file trying to validate exists, to avoid those warnings.

I changed line 152 to be:
Code:
if (isset ($live_plugins[$pathName.'.php']) && $live_plugins[$pathName.'.php']=='true')

This suppresses the warnings.

EDIT:
Diving even more into the code, I think I understand the problem.
The problem is that, if I use add_action() inside of a different file other than the main plugin file, when trying to get the caller, is not returning the true plugin, instead is trying to use the auxiliary file. Not sure how to really fix this within the new get simple, but I do think, that us (developers) should be allowed to use hooks in auxiliary files.
- Julian

Julian, The plugin system didnt change with 3.0 - is it possible this has always been a problem?
- Chris

ccagle8 Wrote:Julian, The plugin system didnt change with 3.0 - is it possible this has always been a problem?
Chris, I'm positive this has always worked before.
are you sure nothing change? Also just compared both versions (r252 and r307) and the plugin_functions.php file did change.

I think it has do to with the new feature of disable/enable plugins.

thanks!
- Julian

Mike did the enable/disable... I will take a look, and hopefully he can as well. Thanks for finding this bug!
- Chris

ccagle8 Wrote:Mike did the enable/disable... I will take a look, and hopefully he can as well. Thanks for finding this bug!

No problem chris, glad I can contribute, and will keep doing more testing!
- Julian

Just looking at it now.

Thanks for finding....
My Github Repos: Github
Have this sorted, just doing some final testing and I'll upload to the SVN.

Problem was due to the way we check the calling file against the registered plugins.
If your calling add_action from another file that is included by your plugin files it will not register the hook call as the filename differs from the registered filenames in the plugins directory.

Mike.
My Github Repos: Github
Thats great, Mike!
I will test it back when you commit to SVN to verify that there are no more problems with it.

Thanks!
- Julian

Didn't work for me.

I got an error:
[Image: 2011-02-12_210930.jpg]

(I blurred out my username for security)

And get stuck at the login page.

I tried the password reset (sent properly) but the new one doesn't work either.

-Rob A>

P.S. I couldn't upload the image to the forum. It errors.
Thanks Rob... when you look into your /data/users/userid.xml file, do you see everything you would expect to see? I know the message said they were successfully created, but do you see the new website.xml and userid.xml files?
- Chris

ccagle8 Wrote:Thanks Rob... when you look into your /data/users/userid.xml file, do you see everything you would expect to see? I know the message said they were successfully created, but do you see the new website.xml and userid.xml files?

There is a userid.xml and a userid.xml.reset (presumably after the reset)

There is NO website.xml file in /data/users

There is a website.xml under /data/other

-Rob A>
that sounds right... since you can't log in, my guess is that there is something wrong with the userid.xml file... when you compare userid.xml and _legacy_user.xml, do they look similar?
- Chris