Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPDATES 2019!
Ok I keep saying this, but its been like 3 years and I have had a hard time getting progress done here, and there last 2(years) have hit me really hard in RL, some sudden medical issues and some new hobbies ( I do electronics engineering now )

I am looking to get 3.4 out the door soon, so that means an actual beta and release candidate, If you use it POST to the forums please and let me know your success!

regarding legacy plugins, I will make a github repo of all plugins and let users maintain patches for them for compatibility with php 7 and gs 3.4, making them subrepos will be too much work , so probably just one big repo.

Please provide a list of plugins that should be added, known issues and fixes private patches etc, and if you want to help!

We also clearly need some site maintenence, so volunteers for site rework and extend rewrite welcome, I am tempted to ditch it and create a package manager only ?

Best luck to all of you in this new YEAR
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Thanks for all your hard work. Here are the plugins that I use:

Bootstrap3 Theme Settings
DY Obfuscator
I18N Gallery
News Manager (updated)
Hi Shawn, I and everyone who uses GS on a regular basis really appreciates all the work and effort you and the others put into such a great CMS. I am happy to download the beta version and start testing and provide any relevant feedback.

The plugins I use regularly are:

i18n for breadcrumbs, search, news articles, gallery
Hit count
Multiuser

Hope that helps

Craiga
Hi Shawn,

It is nice to hear news about GS and you again.

I love this CMS, even though I have the feeling that the community has become very reserved :-(

GS is still one of the greatest CMS ever.

I'll download the beta and have a look.

Thank you Shawn, for your tireless effort and dedication.
Shawn, to date GS is the only CMS that is both truly lightweight and with additional plugins covers every my need and needs of people who I sometimes do webpages for.

As much as I'd like to help with development and site refresh, It's impossible for me to do this right now with my current time constraints.

What do you mean by 'legacy plugins'? I know that some plugins are still actively maintained. If I were to point out at legacy stuff, that probably would be anything i18n from mvlcek, as there are many PHP7 compatibility issues with those plugins, and I think we could safely say these are a must-have. There's also the Custom Menu plugin by Laurence Okoth-Odida, which used to be available in addons, but is not anymore. I still have the sources, but a permission would be required, I guess.

If you're looking for development help, then maybe this guy could do it? He was willing to, after all.
There are plenty of legacy that are abandoned, p1contact, multiuser, item manager etc
(2019-02-12, 20:33:46)Everyone Wrote: There's also the Custom Menu plugin by Laurence Okoth-Odida, which used to be available in addons, but is not anymore. I still have the sources, but a permission would be required, I guess.

You can actually find it on Github (with a mit license):
https://github.com/lokothodida/gs-custom-menu

You can actually find a bunch of other plugins he made there (including some I didn't know exist, like the Elfinder file manager plugin - which actually works mostly). I guess he doesn't support them so that's why he removed them from Extend.

Quote:There are plenty of legacy that are abandoned, p1contact, multiuser, item manager etc
There's a newer updated version of Item Manager from Bigin.
p01-contact has not been abandoned AFAIK.
@shawn_a,

If you have a look at the metalsmith.io (small static site generator) homepage plugins section, this browsable plugin listing is simply a JSON file to which plugin devs can create PR's. As inspiration for future Extend repo.

Time to revive this thread.
Also I thought I saw a Slack channel mentioned somewhere...
Cool ill check it out, discord not slack
Thank you again for such a nice CMS at the right price...

Here are the plugins I am using and could not do without:

Addsense Enabler
DynPages

They have not been customized.

I also have "Send Anonymous Data" installed, not sure if it's working, I hope so...

I am using a couple more but those I could do without and will probably ditch them when I migrate my site to the new server.