Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HitCount Plugin
Smile 
Hello,

I created a Brazilian Portuguese language file (UTF-8).

.zip   pt.zip (Size: 966 bytes / Downloads: 1)

Cheers!
Almir
Hello,

one question is it possible that you extand the plugin with a feature that i can show which side of my get simple page has the most access ?

for example

www.domain.com
www.domain.com/imprint

currently i can only show the access for "/imprint not for the I18N page (slug imprint_en) so i can not see if the most access are to the german or english side.

Or i made something wrong in this case ?

Hope you can help.

best regards,

Harald
(2015-01-09, 01:14:20)phpman Wrote: currently i can only show the access for "/imprint not for the I18N page (slug imprint_en) so i can not see if the most access are to the german or english side.

Yes, it is not possible to get the number of hits on a page with specific language.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Seems to work okay on 3.3 - plugin shows for 3.2
Hi ,
first of all : sorry to bump this one up

thanks for this plugin , it is quiet easy to see everything in the admin ( this is why i installed this one :-) )
i installed the plug in (i use GS 3.3.5)
it works great , except the graphic (don't have any error in the log)
i know this plugin is made for 3.3.2 but is it possible that this plugin isn't complete compatable yet with this version of GS ?
regards Mandy

Edit: seems i needed to be patience , after one day everything is working , also the graphic shows it fine
Hi, it can count unique visits in separate pages?
Perhaps for each IP can be counting only one visit ...
Please help.
Regards!
Hello,

the big summary graphic is not shown anymore, does anybody got the same problem and knows probably how to fix it?

The smaller graphics are still visible.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers.
Shasaar
*hitcount and "DS-GVO"*

Hi,

for this european Privacy Policy:
I just notice, that
it seems, as if hitcount doesn't save IP-Numbers (/data/other/logs/). That is nice! So no personal data becomes saved by this plugin? Am I right? (or are there overseen angles)

bell
Is it possible to use HitCount without the use of Cookies? That would be pretty useful in order not to have the duty to implement a cookie notice.
Hi,

have just installed your plugin, seems excellent.

Q: how to reset easily the counters to 0 ?

thanks in advance,
Domi.
I'm happy to see that Get-Simple is still alive!
So I finally found the time to update the hitcount plugin to re-enable the country mapping and fix some annoyances like Windows 8/10 not being recognized:

Hitcount version 2.2:
  • the visitor-to-country mapping now supports IPv6
  • the user-agent-to-operating-system mapping was updated to include Windows 8 and 10
  • the visit cookie now sets SameSite = Lax to be future proof
  • the referrer tab can now be opened even for thousands of referrers - the least important referrers are dropped to avoid memory overflow
  • the selected time period is now passed to other hitcount tabs
  • 404 (page not found) hits are ignored
  • included the portuguese translation of almirb - thank you!
The URL to the ip-to-country database csv must now be specified in gsconfig.php and the column numbers can be specified, if the csv uses another order:
PHP Code:
define('HITCOUNT_URL''https://www.ip2location.com/download/?token=MY_TOKEN&file=DB1LITEIPV6');
#define('HITCOUNT_IPFROM_COLUMN', 0);
#define('HITCOUNT_IPTO_COLUMN', 1);
#define('HITCOUNT_COUNTRYCODE_COLUMN', 2);
#define('HITCOUNT_COUNTRYNAME_COLUMN', 3); 
The IP columns must specify the IP in decimal format, the country code must be 2 letters.

If your hosting provider or your hosting plan does not support downloading files from other sites, you can download the file manually and place it in /data/other as ip2country.zip or ip2country.csv and then select "Download IP to country database" on the hitcount administration page.

BTW: the plugin only sets a 30 minute cookie with a visit number and country to be able to combine the hits of one visit. No IP addresses are stored on the server nor is anything transferred to another site, so I suppose that pobably no cookie popup is needed in the EU.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Hi mvlcek,

Thanks for maintaining the hitcount plugin.
Your plugins for GS are highly respected.
Thumbs Up 
(2020-11-30, 03:26:33)mvlcek Wrote: I'm happy to see that Get-Simple is still alive!
So I finally found the time to update the hitcount plugin 

Thank you so much! It is alive because of your input in many respects! Please, take care, stay healthy and keep up your good job! Shaking your hand virtually.
Does this updated plugin need a database file to be purchased from ip2location.com? The link in V2.2 post (https://www.ip2location.com/download/?to...B1LITEIPV6) gives a "NO PERMISSION" error.
(2020-12-03, 21:13:00)davetest Wrote: Does this updated plugin need a database file to be purchased from ip2location.com? The link in V2.2 post (https://www.ip2location.com/download/?to...B1LITEIPV6) gives a "NO PERMISSION" error.

There is a token in the URL. You have to register for a LITE account and get a token, which you have to add to the URL.
Hitcount version 2.2.1:
  • support PHP5 by removing PHP7 specific code
  • mouse-over on country map shows visits/percentage for country

wow, that's awesome news! Thank you for updating it mvlcek! Going to apply them to my page tomorrow evening.

Your plugins are what makes many Get Simple pages really shine! :-)
Hi
I'm using Martin's HitCount plug in and most of it works fine, but I can't get the IP2Country bit to work. I've registered a free account at https://lite.ip2location.com/database-download and see I'm offered CSV & BIN versions of the 'database'. Which do I need? Do I use the zipped version or extract the CSV?

I've edited gsconfig.php to reference *my* token but can't work out what to use for the 'database' name etc the end..

https://www.ip2location.com/download/?token=m6uY[deleted] &file={IP2LOCATION-LITE-DB1.CSV.ZIP}

If I manually extract the csv and upload it I can see it getting indexed but still no countries...

All help & examples much appreciated!

Thanks

David
OK, I've now got this working and so many thanks Martin for a great plug in. 

Some points to help other newbies like me..

1)  Line needed in gsconfig.php looks like this:

define('HITCOUNT_URL', 'https://www.ip2location.com/download/?token=47[deleted]Jo10Bf3&file=DB1LITEIPV6');

Note the 'ampersand'file= bit...depending upon the editor obne uses this might be escaped.....

2) Note also that the IP6 file contains IP V4 as well as IP6 but is slightly larger. So use this one.

3) Once you have edited the gsconfig.php and refreshed the plugin page, manually download the dbase using the link on the plugin page. You should see 'indexing' flash up several times - if you don't see this then something has gone wrong. Then 'reindex' the page, refresh and 'countries' should appear.

4) The map view also works and highlights the countries with hits.

Great plugin!

Edit: Also bear in mind that it takes a finate time for the Countries tab to be updated. It starts off blank, with no graphic at all for me, even though other tabs show data. 2 or 3 hours later, a quick refresh, and 'Countries' show up.
Hitcount 2.3.0:
  • improved country downloading - should give error messages
  • works with php8
(2023-02-02, 02:39:47)mvlcek Wrote: Hitcount 2.3.0:
  • improved country downloading - should give error messages
  • works with php8

Great - many thanks PHP8 is becoming a 'must'...

Thanks