Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why on extend page...
Why on extend page on gs site,when i click to download the plugin that i have upload some minutes ago,shows this message: "The requested URL /extend/export/720/162/arguestbook-1.1.6.zip was not found on this server. " ?
My Site: The Harad's Forge
Do you want a guestbook on pages or on news manager articles?Download my GS plugin: ARGuestbook
Alessio_roma Wrote:Why on extend page on gs site,when i click to download the plugin that i have upload some minutes ago,shows this message: "The requested URL /extend/export/720/162/arguestbook-1.1.6.zip was not found on this server. " ?

Extend has a problem with dots in the uploaded file name. Upload again with a filename like arguestbook.zip or arguestbook-1_1_6.zip.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
mvlcek Wrote:
Alessio_roma Wrote:Why on extend page on gs site,when i click to download the plugin that i have upload some minutes ago,shows this message: "The requested URL /extend/export/720/162/arguestbook-1.1.6.zip was not found on this server. " ?

Extend has a problem with dots in the uploaded file name. Upload again with a filename like arguestbook.zip or arguestbook-1_1_6.zip.

It would probably been better when the file would not be accepted by the uploader with the warning that the naming is wrong or something.
datiswous Wrote:It would probably been better when the file would not be accepted by the uploader with the warning that the naming is wrong or something.
yeah, probably... i will add it to the to-do list.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
datiswous Wrote:It would probably been better when the file would not be accepted by the uploader with the warning that the naming is wrong or something.

I'm not an expert, but wouldn't it cost just a bit more amount of work, to convert questionable chars into _ than only scanning file's name and post an error message ?

edit:
btw. what's wrong with dots in archive's name ? :/
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
yojoe Wrote:what's wrong with dots in archive's name ? :/
i think its a mod_rewrite rule that's f'ing it up
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:i think its a mod_rewrite rule that's f'ing it up
hmm..are the files being parsed through GS engine ?
Afair every dot in url is converted to an underscore in GS during page creation process.

or maybe they were stripped off ?
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
i think i fixed it now... hopefully. not sure exactly what was causing it - but i think i fixed it now.
- Chris