Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPDATES 2019!
I only working with GS now, i leave Wordpress ( more than 3 attack per month on my client). I still migrate this website from WP to GS. Attack on gs in numbers? ZERO. If i doesn't find working specific plugin, GS docs help me create own. Please, dont wanna change this. What do you want from this CMS? "Easy create website" like GRAV CMS or other FLAT CMS? The entry threshold is quite high for unfamiliar people. Security for the only possibility in this cms, plus additional functions. That's all enough at this moment. By the way anybody say's on forum about attack on gs?
(2019-04-03, 01:46:35)Tyblitz Wrote: TBH at this point I think a complete rewrite would be in order, keeping just the UI, and rebuilding all that unsafe PHP-mixed-with-HTML on a CodeIgniter shell with a templating language (eg. Twig, Handlebars), and also dropping support for PHP5.4-.

You know, the CodeIgniter base weights almost the size of the current GS CMS. I'm not sure if a framework is actually needed at all. I'd be downright against using Twig or any kind templating language. PHP already is a templating language. I don't see any benefits in introducing another abstraction layer with its own language, resource hog and bloat.

(2019-04-03, 17:13:37)Bigin Wrote: There's no need to rewrite anything, there are already thousands of other wonderfully realized projects waiting to be discovered

Honestly I wouldn't be here if there was at least one that would work for me. All I see nowadays is random crap taken from Packaginst and glued-together with composer, with mandatory Twig and Markdown; the final product weighing somewhere around 50 megabytes and still missing important features or just being a pain to use.

(2019-04-03, 17:40:14)Felix Wrote: Correct me if I am wrong here

GS 3.3.15

1) has not been hacked before
2) is compatible with PHP 7.x
3) all mvlcek's plugins are working correctly

Please confirm

1. I doubt there's any data on that. Truth to be told, I hardly see any human-made attempts at cracking. What I see a lot is massively automated attempts directed at most popular platforms, most of them trying to guess weak passwords or access incautiously left setup scripts.
  2. It depends on what you perceive as "compatible". Does it run? - Yes. Does it throw warnings/notices/deprication info? - Yes.
  3. Same as 2.
There are not that many open security issues, they are also low threat level

anything that is actually important is fixed asap
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
There are 2 open issues to be hotfixed?? wtf

https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpl...e%3A3.3.16

The website is going away, it will not be updated or revamped, because I am not doing it, I am also not maintaining it or hosting it, by some stroke of magic chris has kept it alive for free on his own personal hosting.

I am lead developer, I am not webmaster, social media coordinator, or forum moderator.

Those roles are empty, start a thread, go on github create issues and create a plan for roadmap.. no one is stopping you

show commitment and qualificaiton, do the work and I will give you the access...
(2019-04-04, 10:42:08)shawn_a Wrote: There are 2 open issues to be hotfixed?? wtf

https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpl...e%3A3.3.16

The website is going away, it will not be updated or revamped, because I am not doing it, I am also not maintaining it or hosting it, by some stroke of magic chris has kept it alive for free on his own personal hosting.

I am lead developer, I am not webmaster, social media coordinator, or forum moderator.

Those roles are empty, start a thread, go on github create issues and create a plan for roadmap.. no one is stopping you

show commitment and qualificaiton, do the work and I will give you the access...

Good reaction, everyone can only complain and say what is wrong. it's harder to do something yourself.
Many people appreciate your work, remember this Smile
(2019-04-04, 17:09:29)multicolor Wrote: Good reaction, everyone can only complain and say what is wrong. it's harder to do something yourself.

I don't know if that statement was meant at my reply, but I was not complaining, simply adding to how is not up to par with 2019 standards is a valid (under)statement for most of the GS-related stuff. When I suggested full rewrite, I meant keep the core concepts and UI, but remove code practices that are frowned upon in the PHP community since years (globals, constants, mixed data-presentation) and stand on the shoulders of giants (well-tested & documented open-source libraries) to move forward.

Also, although not nearly as much as many others, I've contributed a fair share to the GS ecosystem (plugins, documentation, translations, testing, feedback), and that's all the more why I respect shawn_a's work and commitment to the project because I can't put in so much time & effort. 

If I would /do ever get the time, I would develop a GetSimple-inspired CMS. But for now, I'll have to keep to maintaining Components Extended & fixing critical bugs in GS Custom Settings. @shawn_a, I'm also interested in helping migrate the website/ add-ons repo to a Github/ Github-pages-based system.
Write it up and I will contrib, we need a clear plan, technology , framework, etc we can reduce the website to gh pages static but we need long lasting stability
(2019-02-10, 01:06:45)shawn_a Wrote: Please provide a list of plugins that should be added, known issues and fixes private patches etc, and if you want to help!

I use Bootstrap3 Theme as it resposnisve.

The default theme should be fully responsive and pages suitable for all type of devices

Thanks for the program

Chris
Chris Harris
Adelaide
Australia
@ Tyblitz
Very good points you mentioned there.

Quote:If I would /do ever get the time, I would develop a GetSimple-inspired CMS.

That would take just too much time. What about making the already great 3.3.15 error free and just perfect ?
What are your thoughts.

I like the 3.3.15 so much that I will start to get rid of any deprecated messages. That would not be so hard would it ?
Just replace old function names with new ones.
What deprecated messages?
@ Shawn

Quote:What deprecated messages?

In reference to Post #27 in this thread:

Quote:2. It depends on what you perceive as "compatible". Does it run? - Yes. Does it throw warnings/notices/deprication info? - Yes.

So, to find out for my self I installed a fresh new 3.3.15 on my Hoster and set php to 7.1 and 7.2
and set debug to true.

Turns out the 3.3.15 does not throw any php 7.x message. Big thanks for that.

So we are all good with that.
I am not having any issues uploading a plugin to extend, anyone have more info, what kind of plugin, what is in your zip etx.

DM me your IP so I can check logs, I see alot of blocked stuff due to security blocking.
Do you own the get-simple.info name? if so, I have a server that can be used....if you still want to do that shawn_a
It's been a while since I've posted here, but I've never stopped using getsimple for myself and friends.

This weekend I used it for https://bladeclamps.com/

Plugings used: l18N base, l18N gallery, news manager updated, hitcount
 and also youtube video loader although I hacked a bit it to get it to work

Thanks to everyone who built this fantastic CMS
(2019-04-29, 20:04:36)olmy Wrote: It's been a while since I've posted here, but I've never stopped using getsimple for myself and friends.

This weekend I used it for https://bladeclamps.com/

Plugings used: l18N base, l18N gallery, news manager updated, hitcount
 and also youtube video loader although I hacked a bit it to get it to work

Thanks to everyone who built this fantastic CMS

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your get-simple cms project with us.
Website looks good.
(2019-03-29, 02:52:23)multicolor Wrote:
(2019-03-11, 22:47:15)acenda Wrote: Yes, the gs-website is not on 2019 standards. Sometimes it's hard to find the needed plugin from the site. Admin-portal looks a bit oldish.

Always you can use many admin plugins, change layout admin like my plugin or Modern Admin from ChompDigital ,or simple blue from S60Team and moreSmile This is no problem in 2019Smile I think "oldish" design like you name , makes easier for senior.

Thanks mate! I love it! Smile
(2019-04-03, 18:32:15)multicolor Wrote: I only working with GS now, i leave Wordpress ( more than 3 attack per month on my client). I still migrate this website from WP to GS. Attack on gs  in numbers? ZERO. If  i doesn't find working specific plugin, GS docs help me create own. Please, dont wanna change this.  What do you want from this CMS? "Easy create website" like GRAV CMS or other FLAT CMS? The entry threshold is quite high for unfamiliar people.  Security for the only possibility in this cms, plus additional functions. That's all  enough at this moment. By the way anybody say's on forum about attack on gs?

Sorry for my unclear statement before. I never meant that get-simple is bad. It's the BEST cms so far. I use Get-Simple about 90% of my projects. WordPress sometimes. Mostly because some client is keen to wp and wants the site to be WordPress site. 

My oldish comment was for backend looks and no-responsive layout. These I fixed with admin theme plugins. Thanks Carlos!
Usually I use Bootstrap 4 themes and work on them. There are a few problems with images in Get-Simple, but they are manageable. Cannot use responsive sizes: percentages, breakpoints etc. Or is there some plugin for that? Also didn't find plugin for header-image? I use CSS to do the work but plugin would be nice - no need for coding if client wants to do change the header-images. 

Security is one thing. No hacked sites made by me so far! I have more than a few projects because wordpress or joomla site is hacked.

No need for database. That's a huge relieve. Most basic sites has no need for databases like mysql. If there is a need for integration for client's sales program, there is usually iframe or something to ease this process.

I would love to help with get-simple development, but unfortunately don't know much about coding. More layout, visitor experience, front-end-guy Smile.   Ofcourse if there is a role available for guy like me, i'm in!

So, I only meant my comment in the way that I hope GS would be even better - in my perspective. Huge thanks Shawn_a and all others who have contributed to GS. GREAT WORK GUYS.
G'day! Thanks for making Get Simple CMS a breeze to use.

I have been using GS internally for my business since mid 2017 and have not had an issue with it. I highly recommend GS and sincerely thank all the GS team past and present.
I've the following plugins installed although it been so long I'm not sure if I use all of them... Big Grin

Active Plugins
Admin Theme Customizer
Components in Admin Pages sidebar
Components Extended
creDateShow
GS Custom Settings
Innovation Theme Settings
Less
News Manager
Responsive File Manager
Theme Settings

Disabled Plugins
anonymous_data.php

Keep up the good work and all the best from Outback Australia
Once again, GS is AMAZING. My clients love it. Easy and user friendly. Smile Hopefully you guys keep it up!
(2019-02-10, 01:06:45)shawn_a Wrote: Ok I keep saying this, but its been like 3 years and I have had a hard time getting progress done here, and there last 2(years) have hit me really hard in RL, some sudden medical issues and some new hobbies ( I do electronics engineering now )

I am looking to get 3.4 out the door soon, so that means an actual beta and release candidate, If you use it POST to the forums please and let me know your success!

regarding legacy plugins, I will make a github repo of all plugins and let users maintain patches for them for compatibility with php 7 and gs 3.4, making them subrepos will be too much work , so probably just one big repo.

Please provide a list of plugins that should be added, known issues and fixes private patches etc, and if you want to help!

We also clearly need some site maintenence, so volunteers for site rework and extend rewrite welcome, I am tempted to ditch it and create a package manager only ?

Best luck to all of you in this new YEAR

I use GS since 3 years ago. I do website development for my company. I am free to create a template that I want easily and create channels on my website for promotional purposes.

maybe you are interested in seeing it? https://doku.promo

I use the plugin:

-News manager (update)
-News addon manager

Thank u Shawn GS is a good bright path, please continue to develop it.
Hello shawn_a

I find GS very nice and simple CMS. Thank you for the hard work and the GS. These are the extensions that I use.

• anonymous_data.php
  • Facebook sidebar
  • GetSimple Contact
  • Grid Me (content grid manager)
  • I18N Base
  • I18N Custom Fields
  • I18N Gallery
  • I18N
  • News Manager (updated)
And I think that some things are already heard in the original. such as I18N multi-level navigation, search, contact ...
Thanks again for the CMS and plugins to others who create plugins and topics for it.

Sorry for Google Translator Angel
hey folks,
i really hope that this project can be kept up! i read already that the "leading"-developer has not that much time to keep up the good work...

i just wanted you to know, that this CMS is still in use and there are people who appreciate this good work...

regards, bob
Hi Bob,

The 3.3.16 is stable and secure enough to be used for a long time to come.
The 3.4 is still under development so we are all good.