Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GetSimple 3.0Beta in need of Testers
ccagle8 Wrote:that sounds right... since you can't log in, my guess is that there is something wrong with the userid.xml file... when you compare userid.xml and _legacy_user.xml, do they look similar?

The userid and password hash are identical.

The new userid.xml also has:
Code:
<HTMLEDITOR>1</HTMLEDITOR><TIMEZONE></TIMEZONE><LANG></LANG>

It just won't let me log in!

-Rob A>
weird... can you turn on debug? what err do you get when trying to login?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:weird... can you turn on debug? what err do you get when trying to login?

No error. If I use a wrong password, I get the error message. If I leave either field blank, I get an error message. If I fill them correctly, it just loops back to the login page.

I'm trying again.

I created a new subdomain and copied over all by website, then in the admin backend changed the domain to the new subdomain.... then uploaded/overwrote all the files with SCP.

Same problem - got the upgrade with the error message, then stuck on login.

No error. No message with debug on.

-Rob A>
ok, so it seems to be a cookie issue now. if you aren't getting any error messages, then you are authenticating OK - it's just that the cookie isn't being set, or isnt being set correctly. Do you have the ability to see if a cookie is being set? (some FF or Chrome plugins give you this ability)
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Nice to see this is still progressing onwards, keep up the work work all and I plan in a weeks time to make a site, with the beta and will get back to you all on what was found.
Pete

Chefbyte Services
chefbyte Wrote:Nice to see this is still progressing onwards
of course it is.. at this point its become a passion (read: obsession) of mine
- Chris

ccagle8 Wrote:ok, so it seems to be a cookie issue now. if you aren't getting any error messages, then you are authenticating OK - it's just that the cookie isn't being set, or isnt being set correctly. Do you have the ability to see if a cookie is being set? (some FF or Chrome plugins give you this ability)

I sent you some information via PM.

-Rob A>
SVN should be updated now with fix for the plugin enable/disable issue.

Fix should allow you to use the add_action from anywhere.

Br/
Mike.
My Github Repos: Github
Hi, On a fresh install of GetSimple 3.0Beta , downloaded from the main site, not from SVN,
I ran into the following problem:

When installed in subfolder, the CKeditor filebroser, fails to work.
This is because in the configuration file for the filemanager plugin of CKeditor, the path is defined as "/data/uploads/" , whitch is not corect for a subfolder installation.

The quick fix is to set the corect path:

/myInstalationFolder/admin/template/ckeditor/plugins/fm/scripts/filemanager.config.js

filemanager.config.js

line 26

var fileRoot = '/data/uploads/';

should change to:

var fileRoot = '/myInstalationFolder/data/uploads/';

I think that this variable should be passed in /admin/edit.php , where the CKeditor is configured
and vars like filebrowserBrowseUrl is passed to the script.

Hope this will help others too.
@tazmandev

Thanks, yes we are aware of the problem and will have it automatically set over the next couple of days.

Tks, Mike.
Installed 3 with no problems, only comment so far is the lack of a horizontal scroll in the theme-edit.php section, as the code just hides, on the right hand side if its longer in width than the text view area?

This was when viewing and using the built in "Innovation" theme.
Pete

Chefbyte Services
Thanks chef byte - what browser are you using?
- Chris

ccagle8 Wrote:Thanks chef byte - what browser are you using?

Firefox 3.6.13
Pete

Chefbyte Services
cool... just added it to the issues list: http://code.google.com/p/get-simple-cms/...ail?id=133
- Chris

Hi there, great CMS and love your work SmileSmile

I'm running through all the plugins I use on my site (there's heaps..) and so far on the beta side of things Cumbe's contact_form plugin is not working.

The following error is encountered:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare set_contact_page() (previously declared in /home/xxxxx/public_html/beta/admin/inc/theme_functions.php:694) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/beta/plugins/contact_form.php on line 301

If I remove this file from plugins folder then my beta loads ok. Also clientfiles plugin reports an error at the top of the screen for some reason:

Notice: A session had already been started - ignoring session_start() in /home/xxxxx/public_html/beta/plugins/clientfiles.php on line 316

The following plugins seem to work although I've not verified functionality, just that the site loads without WSOD.

jimbo@jimbo-laptop /media/Jimbo/plugins $ ls -la
total 245
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4096 2011-02-23 23:51 .
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 12288 2011-02-23 23:48 ..
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 2011-02-23 23:48 clientfiles
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17620 2011-02-23 23:48 clientfiles.php

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 5085 2011-02-23 23:48 comments.php
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10721 2011-02-23 23:48 contact_form.php
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 2151 2011-02-23 23:48 custom-admin-css.php
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 2011-02-23 23:48 dominion-blog
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 57843 2011-02-23 23:48 dominion-blog.php
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 2011-02-23 23:48 dominion-it-shared
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 2011-02-23 23:49 dtr
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10652 2011-02-23 23:48 dynamic text replacement.php
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 7215 2011-02-23 23:48 external_comments.php
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4941 2011-02-23 23:48 gs_search.php
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4096 2011-02-23 23:49 gs-social-icons
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1931 2011-02-23 23:48 gs-socialize.php
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3309 2011-02-23 23:48 hitcount.php
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 2011-02-23 23:48 .htaccess
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 2011-02-23 23:49 mini_blog
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 6946 2011-02-23 23:48 mini_blog.php
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 53 2011-02-23 23:48 mini_blog.xml
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4096 2011-02-23 23:51 nSys
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4739 2011-02-23 23:48 nSys.php
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3575 2011-02-23 23:48 nSys-ReadMe.txt
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 2011-02-23 23:51 simple_contact
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4291 2011-02-23 23:48 simple_contact.php
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 2011-02-23 23:51 simple-random
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4735 2011-02-23 23:48 simple-random.php
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4096 2011-02-23 23:51 squareit-gallery
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 2522 2011-02-23 23:48 squareit-gallery-CHANGELOG.txt
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 22979 2011-02-23 23:48 squareit-gallery.php
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 2011-02-23 23:51 squareit-loadtab
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 2658 2011-02-23 23:48 squareit-loadtab.php
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 6382 2011-02-23 23:48 themes-selector.php

I hope to do further testing in the next couple of days and let you know how things are going Smile
thanks for the great testing Jimbo!
- Chris

On an upgrade from v2.03 my test environment had the following errors on logging into the admin console:

Strict Standards: strtotime() [function.strtotime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'GMT/0.0/no DST' instead in /home/xxxxx/public_html/0/admin/inc/basic.php on line 280

Strict Standards: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'GMT/0.0/no DST' instead in /home/xxxxx/public_html/0/admin/inc/basic.php on line 280

Strict Standards: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'GMT/0.0/no DST' instead in /home/xxxxx/public_html/0/admin/inc/nonce.php on line 38

Strict Standards: strtotime() [function.strtotime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'GMT/0.0/no DST' instead in /home/xxxxx/public_html/0/admin/inc/basic.php on line 280

Strict Standards: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'GMT/0.0/no DST' instead in /home/xxxxx/public_html/0/admin/inc/basic.php on line 280

Strict Standards: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'GMT/0.0/no DST' instead in /home/xxxxx/public_html/0/admin/inc/nonce.php on line 38

Warning: file_get_contents(/home/xxxxx/public_html/0/data/other/user.xml) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxx/public_html/0/admin/inc/basic.php on line 218

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/xxxxx/public_html/0/plugins/nSys.php on line 99

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/xxxxx/public_html/0/plugins/nSys.php on line 100

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/xxxxx/public_html/0/plugins/nSys.php on line 101

Strict Standards: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'GMT/0.0/no DST' instead in /home/xxxxx/public_html/0/plugins/nSys/include/functions/classes-admin.php on line 1534

Warning: file_get_contents(/home/xxxxx/public_html/0/data/other/cp_settings.xml) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxx/public_html/0/admin/inc/basic.php on line 218

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/xxxxx/public_html/0/plugins/nSys/include/functions/classes.php on line 491

Please note that the last few errors are related to the nSys news plugin.

Also, I've found in both the v2.03.1 and the v3.0Beta versions that the favicon.ico doesn't update - and the GS icon remains in the browser (even after a Ctrl+F5 refresh..)
After installation, first login attempt doesn't use translation file, and shows all texts in English on login page.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
Not sure if anyone else has spotted this, or if I had missed something obvious.

There is a problem with Sitemap.xml... the htaccess code:
Quote:<Files ~ "\.xml$">
Order allow,deny
Deny from all
Satisfy All
</Files>
... seems to block access to it.
@colaK - thanks for the catch. It's been fixed.

@yojoe - Does it work during the installation, but then once you log in, the language defaults back to EN?
- Chris

ccagle8 Wrote:@yojoe - Does it work during the installation, but then once you log in, the language defaults back to EN?

Language files works during installation.
It's just that when I go to login page, en_US is used as a first login attempt.
I moved testing environment yesterday to another location, and it seems that every 1st attempt to login uses en_US, until browser caches the translation file (I think it is written in cookie) after first login.

Dirty solution is the same as it was with earlier GS version: rename own translation file to en_US, but it has of course an impact on installed plugin's translation files.

I think that user language file should be set in gsconfig file during installation.
If it fails, user should manually change the en_US to own_OWN language in this file.
Eventually take the name from setlocale function at the bottom of the gsconfig file.

I had problems with newsletter plugin. It detected admin panel language file, and sets the same name for own translation name. Since it didn't work I had to set manually the translation file name.

btw. will you release a complete pack when it reaches r330 ?
Great, just tried installing this on my main domain Host and not my test one and found the following Sad

PHP Version 5.1.4 - PHP 5.2 or greater is required - Error
Folder Permissions OK - Writable
cURL Module Not Installed - Warning
GD Library Not Installed - Warning
ZipArchive Not Installed - Warning
SimpleXML Module Installed - OK
Apache Mod Rewrite Installed - OK

Been with my Host for over 12 years now and just sent a support ticket telling them to drag it to the 21st Century and if not, I am walking from them Smile
Pete

Chefbyte Services
Update from me, I am on a .net ISP server according to my Host and been informed to change to a Linux one. Note at cost to me. Am I right that this is the case to run GS
Pete

Chefbyte Services
FYI

The Filebrowser has been removed from the SVN and will instead be developed as a plugin.

Mike...
chefbyte Wrote:Update from me, I am on a .net ISP server according to my Host and been informed to change to a Linux one. Note at cost to me. Am I right that this is the case to run GS
Repeat 100 times: from now on I will always read software requirements.
And do not even try to use a loop !
http://get-simple.info/wiki/installation:requirements

ps. GS has been successfully launched on IIS webserver.
Search on this forum for rewrite rules for this webplatform.

n00dles101 Wrote:FYI

The Filebrowser has been removed from the SVN and will instead be developed as a plugin.

Mike...
you mean the basic file uploader or the upload functionality of ckedit ?