Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HitCount Plugin
Feature Request

are there any plan, (or is there another plugin) that will track file downloads..?
SelloString Network - Holding the world together since 1972!
Hitcount version 1.0:
  • shows all tabs and marks the current one (@yojoe)
  • page title as in other administration pages (@patriotmedia)
  • will track downloads, too, if the Download Interceptor plugin is installed (@riche)
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Awesome just what the doctor ordered Big Grin
SelloString Network - Holding the world together since 1972!
Hitcount version 1.1:
  • supports counting hits on other websites, if you embed a link to Hitcount (@mikeh)
  • supports blacklisting IP addresses (@yojoe, @dey)

For more information see here.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
you would have the language files, each time have to re-translate Smile
Hitcount version 1.2:
  • all texts have been moved to I18N files (@Oleg06)
Please post translations, I will include them in the next release.
thanks for the speed Smile
Hitcount version 1.3:
  • you can move the menu entry from the support tab to any other tab (@yojoe): just add a constant HITCOUNT_TAB to your gsconfig.php, e.g.
Code:
define('HITCOUNT_TAB','pages');
Nice plug-in, what's the chance of having a csv extract option, so I can pull the stats off the site each month for my customers?
Pete

Chefbyte Services
Pete,

the wheel must not invented twice;=) just use http://http:/7www.piwik.org and your customers will be happy

it is working in the background, it is quite nice and it gives a lot of information
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Connie Wrote:Pete,

the wheel must not invented twice;=) just use http://http:/7www.piwik.org and your customers will be happy

it is working in the background, it is quite nice and it gives a lot of information

Yes, Piwik is certainly a good method to track traffic, but it does conflict a bit with the philosophy of GetSimple in needing a database and probably being harder to setup than GetSimple including some plugins.

@chefbyte: I'll try to include csv exports in the next release.
mvlcek Wrote:Yes, Piwik is certainly a good method to track traffic, but it does conflict a bit with the philosophy of GetSimple in needing a database and probably being harder to setup than GetSimple including some plugins.

That came to my mind after I posted here as well. Well, it is installed in 5 minutes, but it is not necessary to have a more complicated tool than the main application, you are right.

When csv-export will be included, there is no need, absolutely
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Cheers you guys, makes me feel humble with all your knowledge Smile
Pete

Chefbyte Services
Hitcount version 2.0:
  • is faster
  • shows the development over time
  • has charts
  • exports data as CSV

Upgrade instructions
  • Delete the plugins/hitcount directory before copying the new version
  • After installation go to your site (e.g. index page) from a non-blacklisted IP address or wait, until somebody else does - the existing hitcount log will be split into monthly files (hopefully there is no timeout).
  • In the GetSimple administration you should set the time zone to the front-end timezone (probably server default)
  • Go to Support/Hits & Visits in the GetSimple administration - the log files will be indexed - then you will be shown the hits & visits page.
Nice one and many thanks for the quick turnaround Smile

EDIT:

Spoke too soonSad

[Image: hitcount.jpg]

Installed as instructed.
It indexes ok and creates the files in the /data/other/hitcount folder?
Pete

Chefbyte Services
Played around a bit tonight and added a .htaccess file to the Hitbox_index folder and can now show the stats in the admin page but its still showing tag code all over the place?

{hitcount/TITLE_SLUG}
Pete

Chefbyte Services
chefbyte Wrote:Played around a bit tonight and added a .htaccess file to the Hitbox_index folder and can now show the stats in the admin page but its still showing tag code all over the place?

{hitcount/TITLE_SLUG}

The /data/other/hitcount_index/.htaccess file with Deny from all is normally added automatically. But on some servers there might be permission problems. But the .htaccess file should not matter here anyway?

Regarding the tag codes: delete the plugins/hitcount/lang/en_US.php file. Best delete the whole plugins/hitcount directory and copy all files again.

Charts are only shown on new browsers (with HTML5 canvas support).

BTW: when posts are edited - as you did yesterday - no notifications are sent. Thus I did not answer earlier.
Removing the Lang file and it works a treat, thanks.

Exporting to CSV does not produce a CSV file, it exports the PHP file instead? Is this what it should do?
Pete

Chefbyte Services
chefbyte Wrote:Removing the Lang file and it works a treat, thanks.

Exporting to CSV does not produce a CSV file, it exports the PHP file instead? Is this what it should do?

It correctly creates a CSV file, but the content type HTTP header got lost with the latest change. Just save it as .csv or manually choose Excel (or whatever) to open it with. I'll correct it in the next release.
Hitcount version 2.0.1:
  • sends the correct header, when exporting csv
  • allows you to display a "stacked" line graph
Just tried the new version, same errors in the tags, removed the LanUS file and they are ok.

Export to CSV file still sends me a PHP file and when saved or opened into Excel it dumps the lot into Col A?

Quote:Hits,"Summary","Total Hits/Visits",105,567,330,272,263,183,248,277,444,245
Hits,"Summary","Human Hits/Visits",74,410,266,213,234,129,206,222,391,178
Pete

Chefbyte Services
chefbyte Wrote:Just tried the new version, same errors in the tags, removed the LanUS file and they are ok.

? There is no en_US.php file any more.

chefbyte Wrote:Export to CSV file still sends me a PHP file

Seems, there needs to be an additional HTTP header for some browsers.

chefbyte Wrote:and when saved or opened into Excel it dumps the lot into Col A?

Quote:Hits,"Summary","Total Hits/Visits",105,567,330,272,263,183,248,277,444,245
Hits,"Summary","Human Hits/Visits",74,410,266,213,234,129,206,222,391,178

That's what Excel does with CSV files, at least the german version. I thought the english version reads it correctly?

You have to use the Text-to-Columns functionality (I think, in the data menu). When you've done that and load another file, the same settings will be used automatically - even if you don't want it :-(

(OpenOffice automatically displays the Text-Import dialog on loading a CSV file).

The german Excel prefers a semicolon separated values file (and numbers have , instead of . as decimal separator) - and wrongly calls it CSV :-(
Version 2.0.2 hopefully corrects the HTTP header and offers an "Excel"-Export - semicolon separated values file.
Works very well, Vielen Dank für die prompte Antwort Smile
Pete

Chefbyte Services
As much as I love the analysis that this plugin provides, both it and its previous iterations have broken my site, and I don't know why.

Everything works for the first week or so, but then every page (except the admin back end) goes blank, and no-one can visit the site. It is only after I either disable or remove the plugin that things get working again. Am I doing something wrong?