Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Template engine for GS
Hi,
i really like the get simple, because its really really simple and easy to use and deploy, feature which i love see in GS is addition of some php template engine which will also create cache for pages. as a testing i have used rain php template engine and got success using template engine with GS. RainTpl is also simple as GS, it will help the designer to using only template tags not the php tags and function used in template

here is rain template engine link http://www.raintpl.com/
Maybe this functionality could be added to getsimple through a plugin?
To be honest creating a template for GS is so simple, that implementing template engine as an additional layer would make it worse.

At this stage of development there's not many GS tags to use.
Maybe after v4(5?), when more useful template options appear.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
I agree with yojoe,

this CMS is "GetSimple" not "MakeItComplex" and I know from my experience with SMARTY in CMSMadeSimple that too many layers lower the opacity ;=(
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
I agree with yojoe and Connie:

GetSimple is about keeping it simple, and frankly, something like {pageDate} is just a different syntax of <?php get_page_date(); ?>. And then you would need to specify how to pass parameters, specify conditional tags and more.

PHP is, different than e.g. Java (where you need JSP tags or something similar), designed to be used within HTML pages and using the short syntax of <?=get_page_date()?> there is even less difference.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
One might even say that php itself IS a template engine for HTML so GS already supports a very powerful one Wink

-Rob A>
RobA Wrote:One might even say that php itself IS a template engine for HTML so GS already supports a very powerful one Wink

-Rob A>

I would have to agree with RobA & Mvlcek,
using the php is just as easy