GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: I18N Gallery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
mvlcek Wrote:As I said, it's not tested - but I see an error: remove the ?> in the get_i18n_gallery_link line.
Works great. Thanks.
didou038 Wrote:If anyone wants to add the title of a gallery just below the thumbnail, I found a solution.
I do it because my client wants to display a single thumbnail per gallery, so the title for each one is recommended in order to recognize them.

I test it only with prettyphoto plugin :

1- Edit the file plugin_prettyphoto.php (in plugins/i18n_gallery)

2- Find the line :
Code:
<?php if ($showtitles) { ?>

3- add before :
Code:
<h2 style="word-wrap: break-word; <?php echo 'width: '.@$gallery['thumbwidth'].'px;'; ?> "><?php echo $gallery['title']; ?></h2>
h2 or span or what you want.

4- Save the file and that's done.

It will be interesting to add this option in gallery management, no ?

other suggestion :

possibility to add a password to view a gallery (each private gallery will have is own password)
mvlcek Wrote:<?php
  $gallery = return_i18n_gallery('my-gallery-name');
  $num =count($gallery['items']);
  $pics = array();
  while (count($pics) < 3) {
    $i = rand(0,$num-1);
    if (!in_array($i,$pics)) {
      $pics[] = $i;
      get_i18n_gallery_link('my-gallery-name', array('url'=>'my-gallery-slug', 'thumb'=>$i));
    }
  }
?>

Any possibility of specifying thumbnail sizes in this? I want the thumbnails in this to be smaller than my gallery thumbnails.
Due to managing hundreds of photographs I have segregated them in many galleries. But I want to show various photos belonging to different galleries as one gallery based on their tags. How do I do that?

Example - An artist's portfolio

Five galleries are made

1. Painting
2. Sculpture
3. Show no. 1
4. Show no. 2
5. Show no. 3

The images are tagged with their year (2009, 2010, 2011...), their type (painting, sculpture) and the show they were in.

Now I want to create a gallery page where I want to show images of just year 2009 and want the code to pick up images tagged 2009, from all the five galleries and show it on that page. Can I achieve this? I know if I put all the images in one gallery and tag the imaged it can be done. But putting hundreds of images in one gallery, tagging them and sorting their position in the gallery can be quite a task and will get tougher each time more images need to be added.

A little help please.
andyash Wrote:Any possibility of specifying thumbnail sizes in this? I want the thumbnails in this to be smaller than my gallery thumbnails.

See here: Parameters thumbwidth and thumbheight.

andyash Wrote:Due to managing hundreds of photographs I have segregated them in many galleries. But I want to show various photos belonging to different galleries as one gallery based on their tags. How do I do that?

That's currently not possible. But you can have multiple (filtered) galleries on one page.
Please add option for encoding of iptc and exif tags in next version.
Hello all,

I have come across a strange problem with the I18 Gallery/Fancybox when viewed using Google Chrome - either the desktop or smartphone/tablet versions.

As far as I can tell my installation is OK.

An example can be seen here: http://www.level5plastering.com.au/comme...lastering/

There are two galleries on this page - one in the main content area and one in the sidebar. The sidebar gallery is fine and if the page is called up via a menu link the images in the main gallery also display correctly. If that page is refreshed though, the images in the sidebar gallery remain OK but those in the main gallery disappear Sad

Any help with this curious problem is greatly appreciated.
I can't add images to a new or an existing gallery

My Gallery installation was working perfectly but suddenly I can't add images to an existing gallery or create a new one.

When I click on the "Add Images" button a new Windows opens in Firefox (as previously) pointing to my test server at:

http://127.0.0.1/fh/plugins/i18n_gallery...=160&h=120

but it is now blank.

If I run the Admin panel in Chrome, I get a similar result but an HTTP Error 500 is displayed. Nothing is displayed in the Debug Console.

I've reinstalled Gallery completely but this hasn't resolved the issue.

GS 3.1, i18N Gallery 1.9.2
booleanboy Wrote:I can't add images to a new or an existing gallery

My Gallery installation was working perfectly but suddenly I can't add images to an existing gallery or create a new one.

What did you change?

booleanboy Wrote:When I click on the "Add Images" button a new Windows opens in Firefox (as previously) pointing to my test server at:

http://127.0.0.1/fh/plugins/i18n_gallery...=160&h=120

but it is now blank.

Do you login with http://127.0.0.1/fh/admin? If not than that's the problem.
I'm not aware of changing anything. As I mentioned, I deleted the Gallery plugin completely and reinstalled it without resolving the issue.

When I login to the admin panel to work on Gallery I go to: http://127.0.0.1/fh/admin
booleanboy Wrote:I'm not aware of changing anything. As I mentioned, I deleted the Gallery plugin completely and reinstalled it without resolving the issue.

When I login to the admin panel to work on Gallery I go to: http://127.0.0.1/fh/admin

And your website base URL (admin settings) is also http://127.0.0.1/fh/?
mvlcek Wrote:
booleanboy Wrote:I'm not aware of changing anything. As I mentioned, I deleted the Gallery plugin completely and reinstalled it without resolving the issue.

And your website base URL (admin settings) is also http://127.0.0.1/fh/?

Yes, exactly that.
Me to, I have the same problem as booleanboy. I think it should be related to 3.1 version of GS, because on 3.0 it works well. Another thing I noticed about this bug is that when you create deeper folder structure and don't put images in the root, the content of page loads allowing you to browse to deeper folders but since you reach any image it breaks and shows blank state of a page.
I take my words back - it doesn't work for me either on 3.0 or 3.1 Sad
It seems that the Gallery and the GoogleMaps plugin clash for some reason, and I cant figure out why.

If the maps are enabled, the gallery breaks. Ive tried disabling jquery, as well as manually adding it to the template, but still no go.

Anyone have any ideas or experience with this?
islander Wrote:Anyone have any ideas or experience with this?
If you don't need advanced options in gmaps plugin, try with older version.
Latest cause problems not only with 18n_g
Okay, I checked and the previous version does seem to work along side the gallery (and other plugins), but I need multiple maps.

Thanks for the tip, I will move this topic over to the map thread.
tosd Wrote:Hello all,

I have come across a strange problem with the I18 Gallery/Fancybox when viewed using Google Chrome - either the desktop or smartphone/tablet versions.

As far as I can tell my installation is OK.

An example can be seen here: http://www.level5plastering.com.au/comme...melbourne/

There are two galleries on this page - one in the main content area and one in the sidebar. The sidebar gallery is always fine. Each time the page is refreshed in Chrome though, the thumbnail images in the sidebar gallery remain OK but those in the main gallery disappear Sad

Any help with this curious problem is greatly appreciated.

A further update on this one - I have checked that the problem exists in Chrome and Safari, but not Internet Explorer or Firefox.

Another oddity is that if a non-gallery page is visited first (e.g. about or contact), then a gallery page is selected next, the thumbnails show correctly Sad

I would really appreciate any suggestions on this one. I really can't imagine what is going on here.

I have attached a snapshot of the gallery when the thumbnails are not showing.
tosd Wrote:A further update on this one - I have checked that the problem exists in Chrome and Safari, but not Internet Explorer or Firefox.

Another oddity is that if a non-gallery page is visited first (e.g. about or contact), then a gallery page is selected next, the thumbnails show correctly Sad

Seems to be a bug of Chrome (webkit engine) (?):
  • If you do a Refresh (F5, Ctrl-R), Chrome sends a If-Modified-Since header and Apache correctly responds with 304 Not Modified - then Chrome should use the cached image, but it doesn't (always)!?
  • On the other hand, if you just load the page (press return in address bar or come from another page), Chrome does not send If-Modified-Since headers and Apache returns the images - everything works (but it should rather just take the image from the cache instead of requesting it!?)
  • Interestingly, if you press Ctrl-F5, Chrome requests the images with no If-Modified-Since header, gets the image and still doesn't display it!?

There are also errors in style.css, to (space after Smile:
Code:
#main a: visited {
  color: #333333;
}

#main a: hover {
  color: #ff0000;
}
mvlcek Wrote:
tosd Wrote:A further update on this one - I have checked that the problem exists in Chrome and Safari, but not Internet Explorer or Firefox.

Seems to be a bug of Chrome (webkit engine) (?):
  • If you do a Refresh (F5, Ctrl-R), Chrome sends a If-Modified-Since header and Apache correctly responds with 304 Not Modified - then Chrome should use the cached image, but it doesn't (always)!?
  • On the other hand, if you just load the page (press return in address bar or come from another page), Chrome does not send If-Modified-Since headers and Apache returns the images - everything works (but it should rather just take the image from the cache instead of requesting it!?)
  • Interestingly, if you press Ctrl-F5, Chrome requests the images with no If-Modified-Since header, gets the image and still doesn't display it!?

There are also errors in style.css, to (space after Smile:
Code:
#main a: visited {
  color: #333333;
}

#main a: hover {
  color: #ff0000;
}

Many thanks for taking the time to look into this - I really appreciate it. The thing I don't understand is why the gallery in the main division suffers from this problem when the sidebar gallery is fine. Strange isn't it? With the increased popularity of the webkit browsers it would seem to be a bit of a problem if it is browser related. In the mean time I will check all my CSS.
With regard to the problem I was having with Chrome above - it turned out to be a very unusual CSS problem I had. Thank you for your help.
tosd Wrote:With regard to the problem I was having with Chrome above - it turned out to be a very unusual CSS problem I had. Thank you for your help.

What was the problem?
mvlcek Wrote:
tosd Wrote:With regard to the problem I was having with Chrome above - it turned out to be a very unusual CSS problem I had. Thank you for your help.

What was the problem?

It was described in post 718 and 720.
Martin: is there a reason why does i18n_g always automatically add a "gallery" page even after deleting it or changing pages's name/slug ?
I'm just curious.
yojoe Wrote:Martin: is there a reason why does i18n_g always automatically add a "gallery" page even after deleting it or changing pages's name/slug ?
I'm just curious.

That's the preview page to preview the gallery from the backend (view button).
It's automatically copied, if there is no such page.